Solrock from Triumphant (#9) [12/16]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
9-solrock.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

PhoenixFlare

The Ultra Phoenix
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
It is somewhat worth being played, but doesn't stand on its own very well.

As far as I know, none.

Obviously Lunatone for the Body, but also anything that scatters seeing as it blocks Nidoqueen that lots of people are running these days.

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
I give it a 2.5/5. I would only run it in a scatter deck, but even then, probably not, but it can come in handy.

5. How's the artwork?
I think it is pretty cool, but nothing special.

Hey look, first

thefleeee

Uber N00b
Solrock is an okay card and has some potential but cannot stand on its own

Possibly Machamp if you wanted to prevent the opponent from healing and allowing yourself to use Machamp Prime effectively with SSU and Seeker

Machamp as stated above and any deck that counters Nidoqueen decks

3/5 It's a good card but can't really pull its own weight in a deck

5. How's the artwork?
Its not that great in my opinion compared to the rest of the cards in Triumphant

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
Uhh... not on its own. I suppose with a few lucky coin flips, you could win with it, but...
Not really any, although quite a few spread decks use it (none are exactly meta, though).
Lunatone for its 'Body, and also any spread deck.
2.5/5... it's alright with Lunatone and spread, but otherwise, it's sort of meh.
5. How's the artwork?
It's alright. The expression on the Solrock looks a bit... creepy... and the card just sorta looks dreary in general.

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
It seems like a ok card, its not bad but its not good either. It's attack could be useful if you get lucky, but unless you're using a lunatone it's body is useless.

I'm not sure.

You could use it with lunatone for its body.

3/5

5. How's the artwork?
I like the artwork. 4/5

tyranicham

Lord of the Ball
1.If you can bring this out as you as first pokemon and strike first, I don't see it as a bad one since its attack can slow down your opponent's build up if its a slow deck. But in late game it might end up as a liability.

2. None that I know of.

3. Well with Lunatone and any deck that emphasises on spreading damage, perhaps Gengar Lvl. X or Darkrai-Cressalia legend.

4. 3/5. Not going to really hold up on this own but can flourish as a supporter card.

5. 3.5/5, decent and I'll say I like it.

juunkmilk

3nd coming
I actually really love this card, though I can't say why.
Its actuallynot very good, as much as I want it to be, definitely only a tech, and definitely not metagame. It's pretty much just a waste of two bench spaces unless Garchomp C really hurts you.

Nothing popular, seeing as its only use is in decks that are destroyed by Garchomp (as I said before).

The obvious Lunatone SV, which is another reason its great against Garchomp.

★★★☆☆ (3/5) Its kinda meh. Just an okay tech for a specific deck, and it takes up two bench spaces.

5. How's the artwork?
I actually really love it. And the holo makes it even better. Speaking of which, I have this totally thrill misprinted Solrock with two random strips of holo at the bottom of the card. Just thought that was cool.

KYLEMMM

Aspiring Trainer
1. On it's own, it's not good. If Sun Flash did at least 40, it'd be alright.
2. Absolutley none, as of now.
3. I'd have to say that I'd prefer it with the Supreme Victors' Lunatone, or something that would move damage counters. This would kill Donphan and Steelix decks.
4. 3/5. Not to bad. Could've been way better, but not to bad.
5. 3.5/5 if regular version, 5/5 if holo version.

Freakachu123

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, so I finally just read the text on this right, because I thought this was the beastliest card ever. I never read the part about the Lunatone having to be in play :\ oh well lol
*ok lets start the with the basics: 70 Hp, 1 retreat, eh not the greatest stats but may be able to take one blow before dying. It's attack is weak, and you have to get real lucky for it to even be mentioned as an ok attack.
* Maybe spread ones but doubtful
*Of course it works with it's Lunatone, and well just spread decks I assume.
*Ok def was going to give it a at least a four (if not more) until I read the Lunatone part, so now I have to say a two. It need two spots on the bench and eh just not worth it in my eyes. Maybe if Lunatone was better but then still....
5. How's the artwork?
*Artwork= 3