Typhlosion (Prime) from HeartGold & SoulSilver (#110) [12/9]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
110-typhlosion.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
I find it has alot of potential, with the Afterburner poke-power.

None really, exept if you want to count Charizard metagame.

Charizard, and Ninetails.

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
3/5 Because of the Afterburner, and its attack is decent if you have to use it.

5. How's the artwork?
I like it, but its not the ultimate I have seen.

Yay! First!!!

FIRST
1. As an attacker on it's own this card isn't particularly good. But Typhlosion really isn't meant to attack on his own. It fits well into fire decks, though.

2. I don't know of any popular metagame decks that utilize typhlosion.

3. Works extremely well with ninetales HGSS. Ninetales allows you to discard a fire energy to draw three, and typhlosion allows you to reattach that energy. It also works well with any fire type that requires you to discard energy, as it can bring that energy back. Charizard from Arceus works well as one of his attacks discards energy, and he gains power for each benched fire type pokemon.

4. 3.5/5. A good card in fire decks, but somewhat slow to set up. May see much more play in future rotations.

5. I don't particularly like this artwork, Typhlosion's head looks awkward. 2/5

EDIT: Ninja'd my first Q_Q

1. It's not good on its own, but get the right pokemon to combo with Afterburner, and your oponett could be in a heap of trouble.
2.Charizard decks.
3.Charizard and Ninetales will forever kill with it! It'd be better with the new BW "Enbuoh's" Fervor Dance.
4. 4.5/5. Good card with Afterburner.
5. 3/5. Not the best, not the worst, and better than it's PROMO card. Well done on this card.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Meh. It's not great. The attack's not too bad, and its 'Power's useful, but it just doesn't provide great damage for its cost.
Charizard as a tech. That's about the only meta deck.
Charizard+Ninetales. Can get back the fire energy Ninetales discards. Some Ursaring ideas have been tossed around to get the fire energy for 1 damage, add DCE, and you have a quick, hard-attacking Ursaring.
3.5/5. It can be very useful when applied right, but doesn't do enough damage to be an attacker.
5. How's the artwork?
Sort of bad. The fire looks too 2-dimentional, and it's sort of awkward in general. Plus, its expression's weird.

1. It is not really good on its own, but good with some combos.
2. None really.
3. Ursaring Prime so it can get damage on it.
4. 4/5. Its a good card, it just needs a combo to go with it.
5. 4/5. The head looks wierd, but the flames are awesome.

1. Not terribly good on its own, its hgss counterpart would do alot more dmg and actually kill it with a single expert belt attached to it. It is its poke-power you want and the ability to attach fire energy per turn is useful in a fire deck where plenty of attacks require discarding energy though Heatran Lvl X can prevent the discarding itself if it is on the bench.
2. None that I can think of, don't really participate in competitive play.
3. A fire deck couple with perhaps its roast reveal ninetales, discard one fire, draw 3 cards, use afterburner and attach it to a pokemon and then attach one more.
4. 3.5/5, a supporter and if you really must, an attacker.
5. 3/5, decent but not great and it doesn't stink either.

1. It really isnt good at all unless you combo it. But once you do that, the possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!!! Well....I mean, Flare Destroy isnt HORRIBLE, but compared to like Feraligatr's Crunch attack....yeah

2. Charizard usually uses this to restore energy

3. Lets see.....Charizard, Ursaring, DeoxysRayquazaLegend, etc......etc....

4. 4/5, It really helps in a fire deck but really fails in the active position

5. 4/5 that looks cool. Really. Especially compared to the Promo version (UGH!)

-By itself, it is ok. It's ability can help it power up itself.

-Only real metagame deck is Charizard (AR), but that isnt exactly metagame either.

-Charizard and Charizard. With Ninetales (GS) for draw.

- 4/5 Personally I give it this rating because I have used him in my Charizard deck and had decent success with it.

5. How's the artwork?
It's a prime. None of the primes are all that special in terms of art.

1. Honestly I think this is a decent card. Its attack Flare Destroy does a good amount of damage, but forces you to discard an energy. However, Using its power next turn you can get the energy back but it takes a damage counter.
2. Charizard
3. It can be great as a tech in a fire deck. Just letting it sit on the bench and attach discarded energies
4. 3/5 Other than being used in a fire deck it doesn't really have much other use.
5. 5/5 I love the artwork.

1. This is great card. It rescues fire energy cards from the discard pile. It has decent powerful attack for a Prime.
2. Ninetales and Charizard.
3. Retreiving fire energies from Ninetales' Roast Reveal and then attaching. This also can be used to enable Ursaring Prime's Berserk Body and Powering up Machamp Prime's Champ Buster
4. 4.5/5. A very rougeable card with powerful potential and good to used with the aforementioned cards. Worth buying a tin just for this card.
5. The HGSS set version art is somewhat mediocre. The tin version art is better.

Back