Best Horror Flick

Monster D

M-M-M-Monster
There have been many scary movies out there. Many dealing with serial killers going on a killing spree. Others dealing with ghostly or demonic entities huntings. But I want to know what is the best horror movie you've seen. In my opinion, The best horror movie I've seen is Paranormal Activity. That movie was full with fear, especially when the girl gets dragged out of her bed. LoL, So what is the best scary movie you guys have seen and why?

J

Juliacoolo

*Moved to Entertainment Discussion* Remember, we're discussing the movies here, not just stating our favorite.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
"Fred: The Movie"
This is the scariest movie of all time. I had nightmares about this for a week. I'm still scared of people with high-pitched voices.

Obscurity

<3 Escape The Fate
inb4 paranormal activity getting spammed

also at above poster: You're cool. You posted a sarcastic comment to try and seem funny but in the end you failed >.>

i actually don't know the best horror movie i've seen. I don't watch horror fi
lms that much. I'm more of a comedy guy B)

Xenowolfx

Biohazard
being too young for most horrors i have watched none but my cousin saw 12a called the hole it looks good and aparently is.

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
"Halloween" is pretty scary from what I've heard. I've also heard "Poltergeist" is a pretty goo done.

I would like to say "I Am Legend" is a good movie. I'm not sure if it's really considered a /horror/ film, but it does have an actual PLOT while still having the element of suspense/surprise/horror.

Shampoo Thief

噢托伦
The movie that scared me most, ever, was Signs. I was freaked.

Normally I don't get scarred by horror movies at all, but aliens are my weakness. They scare me >.> I want to see The Forth Kind so bad, but I am afraid that it will scare me too bad xD Aliens scare and fascinate me at the same time.

Most Zommbie movies are fun. Just saw Dawn of the Dead (2004) The other night and thought it was Kick-Butt Awesome. Quarentine was funny as hell.

I didn't like Paranormal Activity that much. I might have liked it if it was hyped so much, because I went in expecting "The best horror film EVER"

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I have quite a few horror movies I thoroughly enjoy. The Shining, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Jaws, Silence of the Lambs, Saw, and Alien. Unfortunately, having to narrow it down to just one is pretty hard but there is no other movie that can top The Exorcist.

dmaster out.

bacon

!!!!!
Scariest movie I've ever seen was one of those home video camera shoots, think Blair Witch but with aliens. Sounds utterly ridiculous and haha it is, but I watched this when I was pretty young and it freaked out me and my friends a lot.

Shampoo Thief

噢托伦
If you read The Shining, I would recomend not seeing the movie. I read it first, then saw it. I was so disappointed. And honestly, the movie doesn't make sense. It leaves so much important things out. But the book was really good.

The Exorcist was great, I loved it. I heard it was based off events that happened where I live (St. Louis), but I think a lot of cities make the same claim xP Speaking of exorcisms, I wanted to see The Last Exorcism. That looked awesome.

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
The Exorcist haunted me for weeks after watching it. Other good films I would recommend include The Shining, the Saw Series, the Halloween series (including the reboots), and The Mist.

Despite what many have said, Saw has much more to the movie than merely blood and carnage. It has a great story that makes you think. The second and third are well done as well, however the fourth and fifth are lacking in some places such as acting, writing, directing, ect, but are still a fun ride. The sixth one, imo, was the best one since the second one. I'm looking forward to seeing Saw VII, the final installment, when it comes out on the 29th.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
^was "The Mist" that movie with the aliens in the fog/mist and the people got trapped in the grocery store?
I personally thought the ending was hilarious.
and just about any movie that has anything to do with ghosts/demons freaks me out.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I agree with SinnohTrainer17. It's unfortunate many people are turned off by the idea of sequels (especially in this area of movies where it's been known as the kiss of death to continue to make sequels off horror movies) but the Saw series is very good and has an unconventional way of storytelling ironically needing all the sequels. It also helps that it's a pretty good horror movie. XD

dmaster out.

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
um well, i haven't really seen any, i'm a bit young for them and the're just rediculous to me but I Am Lagend was one of the greates movies ever, and Alien was the only horror movie i ever saw. And mabe District 9, but that wasn't very good, and it's more thriller than horror.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
^I didn't know I Am Legend was a horror movie.
but the Sci-Fi Channel ripoff "I Am Omega" was so terrible it should count as one.