Who are these people?! ;-;
What is your first game genre.

Sample
===========
Genre:Atv/Arcade racing
Game:Atv offroad fury

Bawksie

(:
First game was pretty much Mario bro's for GBC and Pokemon Red. Can't remember the Mario bro game though, but it's the classic one.

swain

Code geass <3
First game was super mario64 for the nintendo64.I got so mad at it and played it so long i found a ton of glitches and beat it in 15 mins flat with only 28 stars by useing tools on the internet.

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
RPG, Pokemon Blue for the GameBoy when I was around 5.

miniman

It's Blissey Time
First game was super mario64 and Diddy Kong Racing for the nintendo64, they were my dads and he didn't play them as much once he got his PS1, so my Genre was RPG and Racing

Roa

Dangerous and Moving
Super Mario World 2 Advance for GBA.

So Adventure I'd guess. *Shrugs*

bacon

!!!!!
Yup, platformer with Sonic. I played Lemmings a lot as well, so quite a bit of Puzzle genre too.

J

Juliacoolo

The Lion King platformer for Sega GameGear. I wasted at least 200 AA batteries playing it.

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
Actually, from what I've read, the Super Mario series is more platforming than action, adventure, or fantasy o_O

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
RPG, my first game genre. Pokemon Red was my first game I got for Christmas when I was really young.

Cobalt Phoenix

Best Kappa
Genre: Adventure, Puzzle
Game:Indiana Jones (Atari 2600)
if that's not old school, I dunno what is
(It was my father's Atari from 15 odd years ago, before I got my NES)

Setzer (Harry)

*Evil Laugh Here*
Role Playing Game/ Final Fantasy 6.

At 22 months old, and it sure messed me up.

-As a 5 year old-

"Duck...Duck...KEFKA!"

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...
I'm unsure of what my first gaming experience was, as there are many games I remember playing when I was very young but don't remember which was first.

If I had to make a guess, I think Doom was the first game I ever played (first person shooter). My dad had it on our very old computer, and I think he showed me how to play it one day. I believe he showed me the cheats iddqd (invincibility) and idkfa (full ammo and keys) so that I didn't die and the game wasn't too difficult for me.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
My first game was Mario Tennis, N64. I remember thinking Wario and Bowser were good guys, and Daisy and Toad were pure evil.

I don't know what genre it falls under though. Sports, if there is one.