Japan's April Pokemon TCG Supplies Revealed!

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Wait, is Chansey DROPPING an egg?
Chansey, NOOOOOOOOOOO!
(I can’t watch.)

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Nice, these are definitely better than the card sleeves and boxes revealed a while ago (the beach products). Hope they would release these high quality products in the future consistently.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
When the comparison between the quality of Pokemon products that Japan receives versus what the rest of the world receives makes you feel damn near suicidal...

I mean, come on! They get sleeves, deckboxes and playmats with various beautiful art styles and we get Ken Sugimori artwork lazily slapped on our products.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
This is all cool, but they're gonna need to step up their game to compete with our stuff

Ultra-Pro-Seaside-9-Pocket-PRO.jpg

Jokes aside, I'm gonna lose my mind if I dont get those Gardevoir/Gallade sleeves or those Pokemon plushie sleeves.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I imagine (but am just guessing) that we don't get Japanese art like these because of licensing fees. It might be more expensive to print these overseas that makes it cost prohibitive, or there isn't enough demand for them, or something.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I imagine (but am just guessing) that we don't get Japanese art like these because of licensing fees. It might be more expensive to print these overseas that makes it cost prohibitive, or there isn't enough demand for them, or something.
Thanks, WPM! Finally a sensible answer to a much asked question!
Actually, free shipping coupons for the Japanese Pokémon Center would be cool rewards for winning Play! Pokémon events. It is sad that they aren’t more available, but when people complain without full awareness of the facts (which I will admit I myself am not immune to), the lack of awareness of the cause leads people to expend energy on complaining about the effect.
As for the Pokémon Center equipment we ALREADY have, I have to admit that the art style is a bit plain, but for the most part it rarely uses stock Sugimori Art.
And in the end, it is probably better that all this gear isn’t available in the west. The artwork is so outstanding that I have no doubt that some collectors would bleed their wallets dry trying to collect them all, so this way people have to pick and choose, which, although the cost-per-unit is higher, makes for significantly healthier bank accounts. ;)