'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
This is the least 3D artwork I’ve seen in a set since... since... since Evolutions.
You know what? This set actually gives me nostalgic vibes! Must be all the painted card art.
I need to complete this set. Evolutions can wait.
(last words of a Pokémon collector ;) )

Shadow Lugia

Aspiring Trainer
OMG I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A CORVINIGHT VMAX FOR SO LONG
(its my fav gigantamax form)
NECROZMA IS BACK
(i love Necrozma)

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
THESE ARE AMAZING OMGGG

I assumed the VMAXs would all get Alternate Art FAs, but not the regular Vs; this is a very welcome surprise <3

jamestajames

Aspiring Trainer
Pros: Level Ball, Durant makes an interesting comeback, Orbeetle and Luxray look interesting, Conkledurr and Obstagoon seem like something the DeciGoons players might want to check out. Speaking of Decidueye: does Corviknight VMAX negate Decidueye’s ability? How many Grass-resistant Metal type Pokemon (with Metal Saucer and Zacian) are they going to create to counter one single Pokemon also with Welder in format? If they hate Pokemon like Decidueye so bad, why do they even make them?

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
No Kecleon? It was litterally advertised on a poster and it’s not here! No lycanroc either which a friend of mine likes a lot. Don’t scam us like this, Pokemon!

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
OOOH. I need that Empoleon, yup. That's an absolutely fantastic looking card.

Man, they're really being nice to my favorite Pokemon these days. Darmanitan got its first Ultra Rare ever, and shinies (albeit as the Galar forms), and now this. Man, I'm really loving this.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, that Tyranitar artwork is so good! I love that art style! So happy to see these special art version of cards with multiple Pokemon again!

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Another Chimecho! That will be 2 English sets in a row, I feel spoiled lol.

The press release for Battle Styles stated 60 "Battle Style" cards, but I only count 36 here. Hmm...

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
OMG, this is just awesome! And I thought I was a sucker for FAs before... wow! I’m higher than a Slowpoke that they actually resurrected the Special FAs. I agree with Chimecho3000’s prospect that these may be for the Battle Stylists only, but even so, it’s so wonderful to see charming artwork like this on cards again!