'Matchless Fighter' Revealed as March's Japanese Set!

What makes me feel better about this set is that the legendary birds V exist.

If it wasn't for that id skip this set like I'm going to do with BTS

I like that Thundurus art but I wish it could be in its (vastly superior) Therian Forme again, it's been so long ;_; Creatures seems to randomly forget about certain alternate forms of Pokemon for some reason

Man, not only are these cards bad, they're... boring. A lot of players think that the problems in Standard are solely because of OP 2/3-prizers, but it's also because barely any thought is being put into single-prize Pokémon. Once in a while a gem like Vivid Voltage Shiftry limps along but that's it.

Remember when Charmander from Base Set was used in some decks without its evolutions, because it could cheaply deal with Jungle Scyther? As unbalanced as that format was, at least some of your commons and non-trainer uncommons could bring some value to your deck.

Imagine a Scorbunny or Raboot being used for dealing with Zacian V in Standard...

Man, not only are these cards bad, they're... boring. A lot of players think that the problems in Standard are solely because of OP 2/3-prizers, but it's also because barely any thought is being put into single-prize Pokémon. Once in a while a gem like Vivid Voltage Shiftry limps along but that's it.

Remember when Charmander from Base Set was used in some decks without its evolutions, because it could cheaply deal with Jungle Scyther? As unbalanced as that format was, at least some of your commons and non-trainer uncommons could bring some value to your deck.

Imagine a Scorbunny or Raboot being used for dealing with Zacian V in Standard...
Agreed. I feel like the main reason DP era cards are praised is because of all the interesting cards that have the potential to be viable. There were so many random cards that were so interesting, and not gimmicky. I feel like every one-prizer deck nowadays feels like a gimmicky joke deck with weird effects that aren't actually viable.

People seem to forget that not every card is meant to be playable. Some are made for collectors so they don’t need to have good attacks

I would like the Volcarona if that attack was 180 (muscle band could do 200 to Vs) and the HP was 150 or so. But it's just a bit short of being good in my opinion.

That awkward moment when you realize this Thundurus card is most likely one of the "teased cards" from the post a few days ago....

Thank you. There is literally no way to word this better.

People seem to forget that not every card is meant to be playable. Some are made for collectors so they don’t need to have good attacks
We know, but that doesn't make it okay. How do you think we feel when charizard has like 5 cards so far in the last 4 sets but Volcarona, a Pokemon so powerful it canonically REPLACED THE SUN, is consistently shit? We have every right to be annoyed..There are Pokemon that are acceptable to be made shit filler like Sunflora, Ledian, Tropius, Furfrou...but not one of the top 5 bug types. No.

I'm starting to agree with you about the cards.Since Sword and Shield,more cards are becoming pretty useless,that's probably why Shining Fates as more
Shiny Galar Pokèmon in it than useful cards.

The only not Shiny Galar Pokèmon are the Rowlet line,Dedenne,Bunnelby,Oranguru,the Ducklett line and Suicune(why him tho).
That's it.
Now take a look at Hidden Fates.Hidden Fates has more useful shiny Pokèmon that Shining Fates.

Exactly! I'm glad you brought up shing fates, too. That set pisses me off in terms of Pokemon they chose to give shiny cards. Like...Rillaboom V+Vmax...But not the other 2 Starters. What???? Why???? And why not wait like 5 more sets so we can get cards like Shiny Blastoise Gmax???? Or shiny Urshifus? This set is genuinely a mistake. They literally only made it so Shiny Zard Vmax would sell packs.

Exactly! I'm glad you brought up shing fates, too. That set pisses me off in terms of Pokemon they chose to give shiny cards. Like...Rillaboom V+Vmax...But not the other 2 Starters. What???? Why???? And why not wait like 5 more sets so we can get cards like Shiny Blastoise Gmax???? Or shiny Urshifus? This set is genuinely a mistake. They literally only made it so Shiny Zard Vmax would sell packs.
I’m really annoyed that we didn’t get Shiny Orbeetle Vmax.

Oh hey, I've actually put the exact same attack in my custom set, so I can't help but say this is a very fun way of doing tutoring, as the player loses nothing but tempo. I'd be really happy to see it played in a slower format, but it's probably not playable in what we have now.

Back