August's English Set: 'Darkness Ablaze,' Plus Two New Types of Products!

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder why this set will be released one week late...

Maybe it's because as soon as it becomes tourney-legal, if last year's rotation week is any hint, maybe they want the number of Standard-tourney-legal sets at the start of the P!P regional season to equal to a more manageable nine, and as the season goes on, go as high as 12, and when the 13th tourney-legal set would have joined if not for the rotation, they will disconnect the older four by means of rotation to make it a more manageable nine once more...

Anyway, Charizard VMAX for me!

Pokécario

Aspiring Trainer
At my Walmart I did see a premium blister for Rebel Clash which came with a holographic obstagoon from sword and shield base set along with a galarian Zigzagoon, Linoone and a coin

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Was it confirmed whether or not Dragon types were discontinued along with Fairy types? No dragon type cards were printed in the last two sets, and I get the sense from the advertising that Eternatus is gonna be a Darkness card...
Really, it would probably work out since all the new Dragon mons are dual typed and could fit in to another card type category

Clam

Almost decent
the 2 pack blister is probably gonna have those 3 card packs you can find at the dollar tree and some other goodies

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Once the setlist of Infinity Zone comes out and the total no. Of V/VMAX, I will prove that Charizard VMAX will be on that set.
EDIT: Well possibly it is.
Srsly, Charizard and Hydreigon are promising cards.

ADP Big Rat

150/350
Was it confirmed whether or not Dragon types were discontinued along with Fairy types? No dragon type cards were printed in the last two sets, and I get the sense from the advertising that Eternatus is gonna be a Darkness card...
Really, it would probably work out since all the new Dragon mons are dual typed and could fit in to another card type category
Yes it was confirmed in a Japanese interview that Dragons were discontinued with Fairies. Although why TPCI didn't make an announcement I have no idea. It makes it weird for pure Dragons like Druddigon or Haxorus, but I can only assume they'd go back to Colorless.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
It only JUST dawned on me that Eternatus is going to be a dark-type card. I'm so used to poison being Psychic in the modern-day TCG to this day that I kept imagining an Eternatus card as such.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Yes it was confirmed in a Japanese interview that Dragons were discontinued with Fairies. Although why TPCI didn't make an announcement I have no idea. It makes it weird for pure Dragons like Druddigon or Haxorus, but I can only assume they'd go back to Colorless.

Or they'll do what they did to Babies and just stop printing them altogether. Something tells me we won't see pure Dragons again for a very long time.

Last edited:

DaLoc

Aspiring Trainer
so since this comes out as the same day as worlds, it is highly likely that Worlds would be post rotation of TEU-RC

Badolfob

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder why this set will be released one week late...

Maybe it's because as soon as it becomes tourney-legal, if last year's rotation week is any hint, maybe they want the number of Standard-tourney-legal sets at the start of the P!P regional season to equal to a more manageable nine, and as the season goes on, go as high as 12, and when the 13th tourney-legal set would have joined if not for the rotation, they will disconnect the older four by means of rotation to make it a more manageable nine once more...

Anyway, Charizard VMAX for me!
5 sets are being rotated out not just 4

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
At my Walmart I did see a premium blister for Rebel Clash which came with a holographic obstagoon from sword and shield base set along with a galarian Zigzagoon, Linoone and a coin
Target has actually been selling these for every set starting with Team Up, and it looks like Walmart has finally started carrying them. They are currently selling for $4.99. I doubt they are going o be the same thing but if any company will charge an extra dollar for an extra five cents worth of cards, it would be Pokémon.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Cool, this means we are getting closer to seeing the release of the holiday sets, which means Gold ReshiZard is coming to town!