2020 Europe International Championships Cancelled Due to Coronavirus Concerns

This is something else I had forgotten, so thank you. It isn't so much Worlds being cancelled because they're worried about spreading the disease by that point, as Worlds being cancelled because the damage to the process is already being done.
Yeah, seems like Worlds is more likely to be canceled due to process than virus. From what I am hearing it isn't very likely they will have Worlds this year due to CP issues. There are so many questions TPCI would have to answer. How much do we lower CP to adjust for missed regionals/SPEs/International(s)? If we lower, which you would assume they would, where should it be? By how much in each area? Does that then create scenarios where Worlds has too few or too many players (relevant because it is invite only)? These are just the tip of the iceberg. The other major issues are all specific to players that "could/would" have gone to events that hadn't yet. Of course TPCI can't do anything about these, but I am sure those players will complain nonetheless if Worlds still happens. I hope it does happen, as both my kids grinded out to get all their points to go Worlds, but I very much doubt it will because of all the above issues.

Another issue I think moving forward will be cancelation of all stipends for NAIC (which I assume will be canceled, although am not certain). It wouldn't be fair to hand out money to players already in the top 8/16 in regions when those rankings couldn't change. I do think however that if they have NAIC, which is June should be more than far enough away from Coronavirus to eliminate any issues (especially with climbing temperatures) that there is a good chance they will have Worlds. For me that is the key one I am paying attention to.

I am a bit glad I didn't start up my season after my break of playing. Cause I would've been devastated at not being able to qualify if I worked hard on my points the previous months

I wonder if TCPI will bring back Last Chance Tournaments(I think that's what it's called). It would be nice if they did.

Back