'Trainer's Toolkit' and 'Premium Figure & Pin Collection' Releasing in June!

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I personally keep a complete folder per released set

it's a complete nightmare to deal with Alt Art Cards but i place them in their respective sets next to the original version of the art.

The only time i havent done this is with hidden fates as their Alt Arts still had their own established numbering system within the HF set.
Yeah, I do the same thing. You just have to be good with shifting a whole binder at the end. I try to leave space but I always forget some. Hidden fates was the same too. I just put that while set in it's own binder, soup to nuts.

dadeechu

Aspiring Trainer
I would like to know what comes with the PTCGO code card, and which cards are tradable on it. Does anybody know for sure? :0)

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Now that’s durn good product, I really hope TPCi does the smart thing and made these in excess JUST to keep ‘em out of the hands of scalpers.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like scalpers jump in after everyone else has had a chance to preorder, but didn't because they held out to see what the contents of a product include. For example, Hidden Fates preorders were available months before the September Pin Collection release. The only reason they sold out quick only occured after PokeBeach revealed that Shiny English cards would be the set's heart and soul. That's when online sites sold out insanely fast. Don't hate the scalpers. Hate yourselves for waiting to see what products would be included.

Last edited:

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I feel like scalpers jump in after everyone else has had a chance to preorder, but didn't because they held out to see what the contents of a product include. For example, Hidden Fates preorders were available months before the September Pin Collection release. The only reason they sold out quick only occured after PokeBeach revealed that Shiny English cards would be the set's heart and soul. That's when online sites sold out insanely fast. Don't hate the scalpers. Hate yourselves for waiting to see what products would be included.

this is a game. Not a market. any attempt on tpci's part to stop people from using their product to make profit on the secondary market should be applauded. anyone waiting to find out what a product contains is being an informed consumer. why is that hateworthy?

anyone trying to scalp deserves to be hated.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
this is a game. Not a market. any attempt on tpci's part to stop people from using their product to make profit on the secondary market should be applauded. anyone waiting to find out what a product contains is being an informed consumer. why is that hateworthy?

anyone trying to scalp deserves to be hated.

Obviously a few years back all the way to the Diamond and Pearl era, whenever Pokemon made products like tins and box products, they always gave us trash, with the exception of the Garchomp C LV X Tin and Darkrai LV X Tin (both competitive cards). Obviously they kept the most expensive competitive cards out of player's reach for market purposes, not Player purposes. Now, they reprint Tapu Lele GX, Buzzwole GX, supporters, staples, etc, thus making it into a Player's game yes.

Just out of curiosity, if during Black Friday, Target for example, has tins at $10, and I mean these are tins that were overproduced and no one wanted them at $20, but 1 person bought out most of those tins to sell later at $20 or more when out if print, is THAT considered scalping?

Gunther Spindler

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, really cool product! Dedenne-GX value would drop to the floor now, sell yours while you can! On PTCGO also, why anyone would want to keep a RA dedenne when you could have this awesome Alternate Art?!? Well done TPCi

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Only things I even need out of this are the Dedenne and Boss's Orders (I have two but need a third). I have everything else from either building decks, the ReshiZard Battle Deck or the boxes I bought of Rebel Clash. Still a great product though.

As for scalpers, scalpers to me are people that buy a new product in bulk to sell for a massive profit later. Buying an older product at a good deal and then selling it at original price isn't.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Obviously a few years back all the way to the Diamond and Pearl era, whenever Pokemon made products like tins and box products, they always gave us trash, with the exception of the Garchomp C LV X Tin and Darkrai LV X Tin (both competitive cards). Obviously they kept the most expensive competitive cards out of player's reach for market purposes, not Player purposes. Now, they reprint Tapu Lele GX, Buzzwole GX, supporters, staples, etc, thus making it into a Player's game yes.

Just out of curiosity, if during Black Friday, Target for example, has tins at $10, and I mean these are tins that were overproduced and no one wanted them at $20, but 1 person bought out most of those tins to sell later at $20 or more when out if print, is THAT considered scalping?

If out of print = out of game piece legality, then I'd still describe it as trying to profit off the resale of products, which should be avoided. But I don't think it's all that bad if the product is sealed/old/out of print. I've definitely participated in trade/purchase of out of print sealed products and singles. That's quite different than buying, opening, and attempting to resell singles at a profit in the immediate future.

I know that businesses run on this model, and I know I participate in them, but it is still awful for the /game/ part of this game and is behavior worth calling out, especially in private consumers.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
If out of print = out of game piece legality, then I'd still describe it as trying to profit off the resale of products, which should be avoided. But I don't think it's all that bad if the product is sealed/old/out of print. I've definitely participated in trade/purchase of out of print sealed products and singles. That's quite different than buying, opening, and attempting to resell singles at a profit in the immediate future.

I know that businesses run on this model, and I know I participate in them, but it is still awful for the /game/ part of this game and is behavior worth calling out, especially in private consumers.

A specific example.

A few weeks back, Target had a Buy 1 Get 1 Half off (why Pokebeach didn't report this I don't know). Still, 2 local Targets surround an area that has half a dozen card shops. These card shops don't charge sales tax if paid in cash and allow trade in plus extra 10-20% if store credit is chosen, things Targets don't do at all. So imagine a ton of Hidden Fates tins, Burning Shadows ETB, and Unbroken Bonds ETB having the sale and months of no one buying them, I immediately took advantage of that offer, bought out both stores of only out if print products, left the new League Battle Decks and Zacian Tins alone, and saved hundreds and made hundreds more by selling them in eBay at prices customers weren't upset about at all with.

These products were there for months and left there because card shops nearby offered slightly better deals than Target with no sales tax. Is that scalping?

At $20 a tin at 1 particular hobby shop, pay cash and get 5 for 00 flat.

At Target's sale, you'd be able to get 6 for $97.50 (taxes included) (9.99 for the 1st and 0 for the 2nd tin and so on.)

Also, pointing out that some Targets had a sale for the ETB at $35 for the Burning Shadows and Unbroken Bonds while Rebel Clash ETB was at $40.

Again, if no one wanted these at full price and with tax before and now I got them during an amazing sale, does that constitute as scalping?

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Previous comment omitted some info.

Card shop had $20 Hidden Fates tins so 5 for 100 flat cash no sales tax.
Taget B1G1HalfOff you'd get 6 for under 100 19.99 for the first tin and 9.99 for the second etc.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
A specific example.

A few weeks back, Target had a Buy 1 Get 1 Half off (why Pokebeach didn't report this I don't know). Still, 2 local Targets surround an area that has half a dozen card shops. These card shops don't charge sales tax if paid in cash and allow trade in plus extra 10-20% if store credit is chosen, things Targets don't do at all. So imagine a ton of Hidden Fates tins, Burning Shadows ETB, and Unbroken Bonds ETB having the sale and months of no one buying them, I immediately took advantage of that offer, bought out both stores of only out if print products, left the new League Battle Decks and Zacian Tins alone, and saved hundreds and made hundreds more by selling them in eBay at prices customers weren't upset about at all with.

These products were there for months and left there because card shops nearby offered slightly better deals than Target with no sales tax. Is that scalping?

At $20 a tin at 1 particular hobby shop, pay cash and get 5 for 00 flat.

At Target's sale, you'd be able to get 6 for $97.50 (taxes included) (9.99 for the 1st and 0 for the 2nd tin and so on.)

Also, pointing out that some Targets had a sale for the ETB at $35 for the Burning Shadows and Unbroken Bonds while Rebel Clash ETB was at $40.

Again, if no one wanted these at full price and with tax before and now I got them during an amazing sale, does that constitute as scalping?

ooo big flex.

Does it matter whether it's called "scalping" or profiteering or whatever? You've clearly lost track of the game. And you have the gall to insult people who treat this as a hobby rather than an investment? Get over yourself dude.