'Pokemon Koko' Movie Trailer Features Zarude and Shiny Celebi!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Seeing Cramorant in this trailer makes me quite happy. That little shot at the end with it holding Pikachu in what's basically a self-made water fountain is just perfect.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Cramorant could be the best Team Rocket Pokemon since Wobbuffet and I'm a huge fan of that wobbly blue booger. Cramorant is exactly the right kind of derpy for them.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
After watching Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution.

Welcome back 2D animation, you beautiful beast you.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Ah so its pretty much a Pokemon version of the Jungle Book.

Wonder how long till we get a version of A Christmas Carol?

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
So the main story is that Zarude adopted Coco and he doesn't want to leave him after Coco met Ash?
Looks like a nice movie.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Has a Pokémon movie (with full theatrical release) ever starred a female character (and by starred, I mean as the lead, not co-lead or a sidekick or anything like that)? If not... I wonder why not. Pokémon fandom is probably more male than female, but I'm not even sure I understand why that is nowadays - unless it's the focus on one male character most of the time...

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
The movies truly took a turn for the better when they decided to do an alternate Ash/world with familiar characters yet different from the regular, TV show Ash. Some of the later movies in the BW and XY eras of the anime left *a lot* to be desired.

It became too routine and safe whereas the newer movies are actually trying new ideas.

thelosh19

Moderately Experienced TCGer
Has a Pokémon movie (with full theatrical release) ever starred a female character (and by starred, I mean as the lead, not co-lead or a sidekick or anything like that)? If not... I wonder why not. Pokémon fandom is probably more male than female, but I'm not even sure I understand why that is nowadays - unless it's the focus on one male character most of the time...
It's probably a japanese culture thing. Typically anime focuses on a young man, typically not of an adults age. Think Dragonball, Goku is like 6 when that starts. In GT he gets turned back into a kid because the writers were not comfortable with Pan (granddaughter) being the lead.