'Eruption Walker' Japan's Mini-Set for April!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Lookalike/Mimic Bell is one of these cards that look pretty mediocre, until a specific deck makes them veeery strong.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Your post seems at odds with itself? The card isn't a power creep but ... powercreep is hurting the game?

They're clearly moving the entire meta away from powercreep/easy OHKO. Just gonna have to wait for tag teams to leave. They probably realise they're OP and made a mistake.

Actually Tag team Pokémon are much easier to knock out than Pokémon Vmax which is why they are slowly entering the meta. If you look at the format in Japan only two to three Tag Teams remained. One is Zekrum and Pikachu due to its synergy with Boltund V and the other two seem to be Mimikyu and Gengar and ADP. However neither of them is seen in larger numbers than two copies at most.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Alright looking at them more in depth I may have judged Centiskorch a bit too harshly. It's that card that can punish slow play from the opponent or just keep momentum with healing. It has a ton of tools at its disposal to make it a huge threat.

Gardevoir VMAX however has too many things going against it.
  • Metal Weakness against the likes of Zacian and the other dog Zamezanta. The latter which will probably start seeing more play when VMAXs become more popular.
  • Lack of energy acceleration. Maybe in this set or the one after Psychic will get a new form of energy acceleration. If not, then this is too slow for a mediocre attack.
  • Average attack and damage. This ties in with the energy acceleration. Three manual energy attachments for 180 and some decent healing. Not worth the effort. Especially when a lot of the VMAXs still put you in 2 shot range after some healing. So the healing is somewhat irrelevant when you're hit with 270-300 damage.
So for Gardevoir, I think I'll just hold judgement until our English August Set is revealed. Maybe more stuff will come out that'll make it look better

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
This Golisipod looks like it will be really good. I feel like it just needs a hard hitter if they are against a non GX/V decks. What else can attack with Twin Energy and does decent damage?

Nyora

A Cat
Glimwood Tangle doesnt seem to have PHF Trick Coin's affect of not being able to use the effect more than once.

Victini/Glimwood Tangle flip coin deck boiiiiiiss

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
The fact that Glimwood Tangle doesn't have any restrictions that we commonly see with cards that reset coin flips is really nice. This will granted the wording does't change allow us to redo coin flips twice if we use the stadium's effect first. This also brings coin flip resets back to standard so that is also nice.

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
glimwood tangle- with the way this is worded presently it can stack with victini (but not trick coin)
meaning you get a max of 2 chances to reflip in expanded (so 3 chances overall)

milotic- could be good with Gardevoir V to consistently hit for 200, still need energy accel with it though.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Damn, Milotic would be amazing against spread, if spread wasn't killed by the designers themselves.

Glimwood Tangle is exciting, but I don't think it's that usable right now. Even with increased odds, a random effect is still random and you wouldn't want to rely on it if you could.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Milotic is that weird card that somewhat counters Dragapult VMAX but also being exposed because we know Feebas is going to be a 30-40 HP basic lol

Nyora

A Cat
glimwood tangle- with the way this is worded presently it can stack with victini (but not trick coin)
meaning you get a max of 2 chances to reflip in expanded (so 3 chances overall)

milotic- could be good with Gardevoir V to consistently hit for 200, still need energy accel with it though.
Noibat BUS/Noivern FFI with Victini and Glimwood Tangle and now you need 4 coin flips in your favor to Knockout. oh geez xD

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Glimwood Tangle - because it has no restrictions, you can reflip twice with Victini, which is cool for flippy cards. In Standard, I don't see cards being used. 5 Geodudes
  • Milotic - we've seen those cards with that ability in the past, nothing new. 3 Geodudes