Hop Full Art Promo Revealed!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I wonder if they're doing away with revealing the entire Japanese set before release date for SWSH? Because based on the last couple of years of SM sets, we should know the entire SWSH Japanese set in a week but they haven't revealed a thing still. lol

Alexandraka

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if they're doing away with revealing the entire Japanese set before release date for SWSH? Because based on the last couple of years of SM sets, we should know the entire SWSH Japanese set in a week but they haven't revealed a thing still. lol
Weren't they going to release the sets at the same time now? So if ours comes out in February then they would probably release cards towards that date rather than now?

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I think it makes a lot of sense for the first set, as the video games just have been released. And if you are interested in both TCG and video games, it gives you more time to explore the game's new Pokémon before seeing them all as cards.
You could argue that you could preorder the cards but not open them, but it's a bit too tempting.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Weren't they going to release the sets at the same time now? So if ours comes out in February then they would probably release cards towards that date rather than now?

You didn't read in depth enough.

Japan is still going to get more sets than us (smaller) but the final set in their block will release day and date with the wests.

Japan is getting Sword and Sheild on Dec 6th or something.

Japan - Sword and Sheild - Dec 6th
Sub Set A? - Feb 7th?

English - Sword and Sheild (Japan Base set and Base set). - Feb 7th

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
They made a full art of everyone's favorite roadblock in SwSh?! What an incentive to buy two boxes!

Well, at least Naoki Saito's artwork is excellent, as always.

Also, when Hop was first revealed, I called him Hau 2.0. On top of using the recycled animation from Hau, he also has the same effect in the TCG. I guess that's just par for the course. He really is Hau 2.0.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
They made a full art of everyone's favorite roadblock in SwSh?! What an incentive to buy two boxes!

Well, at least Naoki Saito's artwork is excellent, as always.

Also, when Hop was first revealed, I called him Hau 2.0. On top of using the recycled animation from Hau, he also has the same effect in the TCG. I guess that's just par for the course. He really is Hau 2.0.
Not only is he Hau 2.0, he’s twice as irritating!! Fun.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Not only is he Hau 2.0, he’s twice as irritating!! Fun.
From all the topics and replies that I saw on Reddit, this is absolutely true.

By the way, I’ve been meaning to reply to your last reply, but I keep remembering when I don’t have enough time to do so. Sorry about that!

AlphaTheKineticGuardian

Aspiring Trainer
15 if you count Erika
Oh god, running a quarter of your deck with +2 supporters is actually possible

(For those who will say it's +3, you lose one card, therefore -1, to gain three, being -1 + 3 = +2; that being said, Erika is then a +3 to your opponent for a +2 for you as a result)

Scoop

Literally a sheep
From all the topics and replies that I saw on Reddit, this is absolutely true.

By the way, I’ve been meaning to reply to your last reply, but I keep remembering when I don’t have enough time to do so. Sorry about that!
Also not to mention that his design (specifically his official art with that annoying smile) drives me up a wall just by looking at him, lol. Him and Leon (ooh boy ESPECIALLY this guy, that shorts/tights combo is not a good look) are some of my least favorite character designs in YEARS from this series.

Also no worries! Take all the time you need, I appreciate it either way!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
They've released Professor Magnolia as "Professor's Research" - indicating that they'll assume generic names for generic Supporters, with the "name" of this supporter as just a sub-text. However, they have not done it with Hop. Why?

I understand that Professor's Research has a strong effect and they want to limit its usage in Expanded. But if we assume this is the reason, it's really inelegant design. Call this something like "Friend's Advice" and let me use Hau forever.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
They've released Professor Magnolia as "Professor's Research" - indicating that they'll assume generic names for generic Supporters, with the "name" of this supporter as just a sub-text. However, they have not done it with Hop. Why?

I understand that Professor's Research has a strong effect and they want to limit its usage in Expanded. But if we assume this is the reason, it's really inelegant design. Call this something like "Friend's Advice" and let me use Hau forever.
No don’t give them ideas, I won’t rest until I can play a deck of 59 Draw 3 supporters and a single Pokémon.

Alexandraka

Aspiring Trainer
You didn't read in depth enough.

Japan is still going to get more sets than us (smaller) but the final set in their block will release day and date with the wests.

Japan is getting Sword and Sheild on Dec 6th or something.

Japan - Sword and Sheild - Dec 6th
Sub Set A? - Feb 7th?

English - Sword and Sheild (Japan Base set and Base set). - Feb 7th
Ah okay, thank you : )

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
Oh god, running a quarter of your deck with +2 supporters is actually possible

(For those who will say it's +3, you lose one card, therefore -1, to gain three, being -1 + 3 = +2; that being said, Erika is then a +3 to your opponent for a +2 for you as a result)

But wait! There's more! Looker!