Polteageist, Cramorant, Third Potential Pokemon, and New 'Sword & Shield' Features Revealed!

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
I also noticed that there was a different form of Alcremie in the trailer. It looked more green-tinged, and it had clover leaves in place of strawberries.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
The fish seems like a barracuda to me. With that plus the fact that it’s being shot out of Cramoront’s beak, I’m gonna guess it’s name is...

*drumroll please*

BAZOOKOODA!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Hmmmm, the trailer was...okay? I'm not too blown away with what we saw, but I wasn't expecting much. I can't really complain much.

It's always nice to see character customization back, hopefully we get some awesome clothing options.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Actually looking at it closer it’s definitely a barracuda (it’s got the markings and the stupid look on its face) and it does have missile fins on its tail...

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Flying/Water huh? The first time I've seen a Water/Flying type where Flying is actually the first type, instead of it's usual second type, though I am pleased that Flying is slowly becoming dominant. Hopefully, they will surprise us by making a majority of Normal/Flying Pokémon to pure Flying, now that would be a dream come true, plus if they do that, it will reflect how they are being represented in the Trading Card Game.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Now I just wonder Cramorant somehow summon real fishes into the Pokemon world? This confirm regular animals on Pokemon world? or that Fish gonna be an actual pokemon? Then Cramorant summon pokemons in a middle of the battle?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Bird reminds me of a boobie. Still waiting for the Pidgey reveal. Game is still in no sale status for me.

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
It references the double-crested coromant.
also that poor fish. least it looks happy with it's fate.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
I like these new Pokemon! They just missed the opportunity of calling it "Pot-tea-geist" instead.

Geodude

Aspiring Trainer
I like these new Pokemon! They just missed the opportunity of calling it "Pot-tea-geist" instead.
But that would make it sound like "Potty-geist" when it has nothing to do with going to the toilet...not until you drink its tea, at least.

Random thought: Scald seems like an obvious part of its move list, doesn't it?

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still waiting for them to let us give us a chance to choose bold hair colors. Like blue, purple, pink, green etc

Like come on, Animal Crossing does, and Pokemon has been around slightly longer

Otaku

The wise fool?
Am I the only one who saw Polteageist and immediately thought of Mrs. Potts?

I mean, if I haven't flubbed the pronunciation, you can even sing its name to the tune of "Be Our Guest"!

Pol-tea-geist! Pol-tea-geist! Disney in Pokémon vice!

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
The japanese trailer shows a lot of pokemon from the other generations that will be on the game, as Ninetales, Claydol, Golisopod, Goodra...

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Well, the Direct trailer swiftly disproved my theory for a knight-like Galarian Gardevoir by showing a regular one walking around. Oh, well. I'll just call it a missed perfect opportunity and move on. (Though, perhaps there's a slim possibility that Galarian Gallade can still happen.)

The thing that excited me most was also in the Direct trailer. It showed the female protagonist wearing Nessa's outfit. I have been wanting to wear Trainer NPC/Gym Leader clothes since X&Y. I'm very happy to see this. And in general, it does seem that trainer customization allows for better combinations than before, so that's nice to see.

So... Camp is just Pokemon Amie with a new coat of paint? And I thought I just wasn't paying attention to the trailer when they showed the curry, but they really didn't reveal any purpose for it, huh? "There are many types of curries, so Trainers can try to cook them all and complete their Curry Dex." Right... And I want to complete a Curry Dex more than I want to complete the National Dex WHY??? Just whatever...

The new Pokemon seem fine. I like how derpy Cramorant looks. And that picture of the fish puts my mind at ease, wondering if they introduced a regular fish into the Pokemon video games. More likely than not, it's a new Pokemon.

And I never got into any of the photo side things that recent games have offered. But the League Card actually seems interesting since it looks like that image is used when facing another player.