Japan's First Gen 8 Sets: 'Starter Set V Decks,' 'Sword & Shield,' 'V Uprising!'

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting that Japan isn't getting a January set?

What will our Feb set be made up of???

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Hopefully the new set will feature some form of Nest Ball, basic Pokeball and/or some other low-level search items.
It's an absolute pain to build Standard decks for newbies using only Pokemon Fan Club and Pokemon Communication. It's like they're actively discouraging new players from playing Standard, unless they shell out money for GXs and a playset of Cherish Balls.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
As suspected, sword and shield's TCG is going to be very structurally similar to Sun and Moon's. I just hope they improve on what it started. Less secret rare clutter. Cut the fat off the bone, as my old film teacher would say.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
The hype explosion over Hidden Fates right now has me only half-jokingly scared of PCL observing, saying "yes, we need more of that" and then we'll hit the point where every set has more secret rares than regular cards.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Zacian and Zamazenta was confirmed as a Fighting type?
"This could be our first hint that the two are part Fighting-type."
Nope, we still don't know!
I mean, one carries a sword and the other a shield, they’re based off knights, I kinda assumed they’d be. Not sure about the other types though. Coloration makes me think water, but that makes no sense. Probably steel.

SupStar

Aspiring Trainer
Why does the pack art look 1000x better than the box art for the video games?... I may just print that out on some glossy paper and use it on my boxes instead >.>

Overheat

Aspiring Trainer
They just wont reveal the starter pokemon's evolutions....come OOON that's all I want to see! I'm starting fire type regardless

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Eh, not really. The games come out in less than 3 months and the XY middle starter evos were revealed in September the year XY came out, so it could be any time now.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Interesting that Japan isn't getting a January set?

What will our Feb set be made up of???

Likely Sword, Shield, and V rising (hopefully they keep the strengthening sets with the set they were made for.)

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Kinda late but I just thought of this: sure the Fighting type deck seems random, but if we're assuming the three starters, and Pikachu/Raichu for Lightning type, who else is a mascot-like character? Eevee - so maybe a Fighting/Ground/Rock Eeveelution? COULD BE