Tropius, Marshadow from 'Remix Bout!'

Wechselbalg

brb
Is there any particular reason why Marshadow cannot copy GX attacks, other than "just because"? It has 60 HP and a [P][C][C] attack cost with no DCE in the format. It's not like it wouldn't use your GX counter. We were able to copy GX attacks with Sudowoodoo much easier and that (suprisingly) didn't break the game, but that was not a conscious design choice, since when Sudo was printed there were no GX attacks. PCL just cannot into game design.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Is there any particular reason why Marshadow cannot copy GX attacks, other than "just because"? It has 60 HP and a [P][C][C] attack cost with no DCE in the format. It's not like it wouldn't use your GX counter. We were able to copy GX attacks with Sudowoodoo much easier and that (suprisingly) didn't break the game, but that was not a conscious design choice, since when Sudo was printed there were no GX attacks. PCL just cannot into game design.
Uhhh malamar and expanded dce duh

Wechselbalg

brb
Uhhh malamar and expanded dce duh

Expanded as a whole is a mess already so I don't think this would change much. Plus big Expanded events are so rare these day I don't think PCL/TPCi really care about that format anymore.

It'd be a one-shot wonder even in Malamar since it would use your GX counter and there aren't any tag teams that have GX attacks that can OHKO another tag team just for 3 energy anyway.

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Marshadow - can copy atks? Yes. Atk cost? Oh my goodness, NO! Mimikyu can copy atks for 2 energy and has more HP than Marshadow. PCC? I would disagree even Malamar exists. I won't buying it. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Tropius - Not enough to be say that it is a good G energy accel. I am not convinced. No! We want this kind of atk but instead of 1, attaches 2 energy like Groudon of all things. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Alolan Persian GX - The ability makes it a good card, period. 3-4 Geodudes

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Fun Fact: Marshadow is "choose-and-copy" an atk while Mimkyu is "revenge copy" an atk. Still the Atk cost is UNFORGIVABLE

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Good thing we should be seeing the whole set tomorrow, as now we're at the stage of pre-release hype where they're just showing us uninspiring filler cards to buy time until the full online reveal.

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
Marshadow isn't that bad, it can copy cards like Reshiram and Charizard's beefy 230. If the new Dragonite GX Sees any pay, it hits big numbers for less. in other places, it isn't so good.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
That Marshadow is great for Malamar decks. Better than Mimikyu.

Hits many GX and Tag Team Pokemon for more than Giratina's 130 damage for the same number of energy.