Spoilers for Jirachi-GX, Weavile-GX, Psyduck & Slowpoke-GX!

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
At least weavile GX ability appears to sort out the issue of dark type energy with mega sableye & tyranitar TTGX

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
Also jirachi GX seems weak af as it’s normal attacks do 0 damage and it’s gx attack is less than impressive

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like Weavile GX could be decent in GrenZoro/Naga or GrenZoro/Incineroar, but that's an additional stage 1 so ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nyora

A Cat
Psyduck & Slowpoke is E X C I T E M E N T. The first attack itself isn’t all that good, but I guess if you are playing Lusamine it’s a lot better. Jirachi is nice, essentially removing Psychic weakness from the game. Weavile will weave it’s way into a Mega Sableye/Tyranitar deck, or maybe Zoroninja too.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, I am giving my part.
  • M-Sableye & Tyranitar - that itself is expensive how do we get 10 D energy in ONE TURN if Nanu is complicated to pull and Guzzlord that don't won tournaments at all is rotating (Nanu doesn't rotating, don't worry)? Good effects but its hard to pull regarding that we don't have any reliable Energy accel. Weavile, Stage 1. Incineroar, Stage 2 even worse. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Weavile-GX - Now we have a slightly better energy accel for D types. Especially if you are using Darkrai *. Like previously mentioned its a Stage 1. We don't have Ultra Ball, we don't have Timer Ball, Poke Comm swaps Pokémon. Yeah, hard to get out T1. The GX atk... just use Supporters. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Jirachi-GX - Recyclable GX atk with a very low dmg input in a format where CB is gone. Good ability against Mirror Match. 4 Geodudes
  • Slowpoke & Psyduck TTGX - NagaQuag can make this 10 energy requirement possible. And can possibly smash Fire decks for 2 energy. We don't have Brooklet nxt rotation and Ultra Ball, so getting this out early could be difficult. 4 Geodudes

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
So I'm sure it's just the way it's worded, but I read P&S-GX's GX attack, and am I the only one slightly confused about how much damage it does? My assumption would simply be if you flip 10 coins you just do 100 per heads, but the fact they added in the whole "do 100 MORE damage for each heads" could be read as each heads does 200 dmg.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Psyduck and Slowpoke-GX is a one-of in NagQuag builds. That's about it. Jirachi might be worth teching if Mew/Two-GX wars become a thing, because that's very possible, and Weavile-GX might be part of a turbo dark deck of some sort. Dunno how good it'll be tho

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
So I'm sure it's just the way it's worded, but I read P&S-GX's GX attack, and am I the only one slightly confused about how much damage it does? My assumption would simply be if you flip 10 coins you just do 100 per heads, but the fact they added in the whole "do 100 MORE damage for each heads" could be read as each heads does 200 dmg.
No, it's 10 damage plus 100 more for each heads.

OnGaard

Aspiring Trainer
Jirachi is an amazing addition to psychic decks, will make MewMew amazing.

Weavile GX is a great addition to ZoroNag because you won't need energy switches anymore. Too clunky in ZoroRoar, but not bad in a deck with other stage 1s, plus gives a better matchup vs 1 prize attacking decks as you won't need to be trading with a 3 prize Pokemon.

Slowpoke and Slowbro is amazing, the potential to do 1010 damage (without weakness or damage modifiers) is hilarious. Not to mention that the 2 water energy attack isnt bad, especially in a ReshiZard Meta.

Graven

Eminem TTGX
Jirachi GX ~ HA, no.
PsyPoke TTGX ~ Cool, but limited versatility.
Weavile GX ~ Im afraid of this. The ability is great, but that GX attack is actually crazy. Now, I know that it's a Stage 1, but remember Slim Shady TTGX was just leaked a few days ago with the ability to copy attacks from GX/EX Pokemon. With all that said, I want to put into perspective of what I'm seeing:

That GX attack, for 1C, is now on a basic with 260~270HP, and will have a full bench possibly T1 or T2 that includes possibly other TTGX, GX/EX, or non-GX/EX basic Pokemon. That means you not only save the use of Supporters in your deck, it also makes your board state so aggressive and intimidating early game, forcing your opponent to follow your pace. On top of that, it can be splashable for decks in the next format if there won't be any reprints of Nest or Ultra Ball!

In Dark decks, it's very formidable (especially in Expanded after the next rotation), but with Mew&Mewtwo TTGX...this scares me. Why is no one in this comment thread not seeing this yet???

Last edited:

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

The reason they add the "more" explicitly is because the original text for just the one attack says: "If heads, the attack does 100 more damage." They have to modify that in the +6 energy case to "does 100 more damage for each heads", and thus they do so (otherwise it would not make sense).