SM11 Miracle Twins!

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Giant Bomb is perfect for Zapdos.

Then you can use electropowers to power up so the opponent has 100 or less health, and attach giant bomb.

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
Giant bomb seems interesting, I can see this played in a lot of decks. Slaking is going to be an interesting build.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I love the idea with this Slaking and giant bomb. I'm only worried about the consistent energy cost. Yeah it can "potentially" do 340 damage but it would have to be KOed and you would need to set another up ready to go and being a Stage 2 is difficult. With all these new amazing stage 2 pokemon, the question becomes how viable will stage 2s be in the next format?

Wechselbalg

brb
That Slaking reminds me of Homer Simpson lol

Giant Bomb is probably the first decent card that was revealed recently. Still have to wait and see what decks can make the most use out of it.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Are there any other cards that increase damage done to themselves that can be used with Giant Bomb?

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
At least on PTCGO, whenever overkill damage is done it still shows how much total damage is done and that number is used in end of match damage counts.
You're right, and I think we'll probably end up with a ruling on it soon enough, or we'll get clearer wording.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Giant Bomb with go great in Malamar Giratina deck.

Just attack with the Giratina for 130 and put the giant bomb on it.

Maybe people will run more escape ropes.

Alpacino

TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
Giant Bomb is a super interesting card...your opponent, of course, can always play around it by going for a two-shot, but missing a KO can be a huge deal if the active is a threat. I can see players being forced to attack into this.

It's basically insurance: attaching it to a GX with more than 180 HP means you won't be losing momentum, provided it sticks.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Hmm, if we're getting some new fossil lines here, hopefully they pick Anorith, Lileep, Tirtouga and/or Archen. You know, the ones that haven't been printed since XY or BW.

Last edited:

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Wait does the stadium just auto evolve Unidentified Fossil or does it play them for free like Lance Prism?

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Wait does the stadium just auto evolve Unidentified Fossil or does it play them for free like Lance Prism?

Assuming the translated text is correct, you get to play them directly to the Bench. But it's not for free -- it ends your turn, which is a pretty hefty price to pay for just 2 Fossils, unless they end up being pretty good.

At the moment is does make Trainer Lock slightly more realistic -- with Kabutops Active and Omastar in the back, as long as you've got less Pokemon in play than your opponent you'll be blocking both Items and Supporters (although just Omastar alone is probably more realistic). Baby Aerodactyl can also be played directly and does 180 for [C][C][C] if you have no EX/GX in play, and yes, it's eligible for Triple Acceleration Energy because it's a Stage 1.

And that's before we even know what Fossils this set has in store for us!

Last edited:

Alpacino

TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
Imagine Ultra Prism Rampardos and Super Boost/Counter Energy one-shotting tag teams with the new Stadium...maybe Fossil Box will become something?

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Imagine Ultra Prism Rampardos and Super Boost/Counter Energy one-shotting tag teams with the new Stadium...maybe Fossil Box will become something?

How could I forget Rampardos?? I'm all in for Fossil Box. Now if we could just get [F] Energy Acceleration...