'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Ok time to start saving money for this and skip other booster boxes I wanted to buy. Knowing the pull rates there is no way we can finish the set by buying every product once.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
"The promotional sheet for Hidden Fates shows Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in the background. While Articuno and Zapdos both have promo cards that haven’t released in America yet, Moltres doesn’t, so this means their combined presence is referring to their Tag Team card. (Unified Minds will still feature the rest of the cards from Sky Legend.)"

What Articuno promo? Only Zapdos has a promo that is currently unreleased internationally as far as I know.

PokeDan23

Pokemon Fan Since 1999
Unless Pokemon is going to change their minds/rules about how alternate cards are done, I'm almost thinking that the shiny Pokemon WON'T be alternate art cards.

Hear me out: every alternate art card released so far had the original set symbol and number (albeit with a lower case "a" or "b"). I find it weird, especially from a marketing standpoint, to create a brand new set and then fill it with cards that have different set symbols and numbers. The only way they can be alternate art cards is for Pokemon to break/change the rule they have established already of what makes a card an alternate art card.

But then again, it's Pokemon and they change/break their "established" rules all the time anyway lol.

Also, I've said it before, but I think the secret rare stadiums will be on this set too.

PokemonMasterNate

VMAX Charizard will be mine!
Oh wow. That's pretty awesome.

Don't let the Charizard be alternate art. I would be mad. A little. okay maybe not really mad.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Ok time to start saving money for this and skip other booster boxes I wanted to buy. Knowing the pull rates there is no way we can finish the set by buying every product once.

So then it's.... just like every other set ever? lol

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
There's two Full Arts they removed from Japanese sets that they still haven't done anything with (Lady and Giovanni's Exile), but who knows.

Errffy Jones

Aspiring Trainer
Tag Teams that need to happen:
Kabutops/Omastar
Alolan Dugtrio/Magnezone
Alolan Sandslash/Glaceon
Bellosom/Leafeon
Heracross/Pinsir
Octillery/Sharpedo
Komala/Ursaring
Hitmontrio

Also where are the Absol, Alakazam, Crobat, Swampert GXs?!

Last edited:

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Like the past few holiday sets, Hidden Fates‘s Elite Trainer Box will come with ten booster packs instead of the usual eight and a special promo card — this time of Moltres & Zapdos & Articuno-GX

this will sell really well.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I guess I'm happy we're getting more cards that never made it over from Japan yet.

The existence of GX Ultra Shiny in general still gives me a headache though. And even with every Hidden Fates pack having a holo, this set could have Legendary Treasure-esque pull rates and it'd still be a headache to complete, even by Gen 7's standards.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
So there are 82 Shinies. At least 3 will be cut. We know Glaceon will get cut for a Winter tin. So maybe they'll cut Articuno and Ninetales as well

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
My only wish is that Pokemon company release all the products of the same set at the same time. As for international fan from Europe, I have to order products from the UK and then ship to Latvia. It becomes so much more unreasonable expensive to buy 1-3 products every 2-3 weeks. Not everyone has Walmart or target nearby within daily reach.