'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

So ready for this set. It will be a fun set to complete for sure and I'll need to get a nice binder to display them all. September 20th can't get here soon enough.

It depends. Remember Hidden Fates is two sets in one; a standard set with Hidden Fates symbol and alternate arts Shiny Vault. Any card in the Hidden Fates regular set is Standard legal upon release date. So if any of those are reprints, such as Misty’s Determination which was originally in the BREAKpoint set (which is currently out of Standard legailty), with the set release, this card is now standard legal.

The Shiny Vault cards are a mix. They are alternate arts of card from previous sets. If the card it is an alternate art for is legal in current standard then it is legal, and vice versa.

I went ahead and checked Pokemon's website for proper rules and it states: "New expansions become legal for tournament play on the third Friday of the month they are released." I linked directly to the page I found it.

This also responds to your post also, @CardPone.
That may be true for main sets, but I seriously doubt Hidden Fates is already legal even though the set hasn't released yet. This has to be an exception.

So ready for this set. It will be a fun set to complete for sure and I'll need to get a nice binder to display them all. September 20th can't get here soon enough.
Pin collections should be out this Friday unless that changed.

Has anyone else had a tough time tracking down the Mewtwo and Mew Collections at their local stores? People are hoarding them and reselling the boxes for $50 or more each! It’s like Generations’ Mew boxes again.

I haven't seen any but Target missing a street date isn't particularly unusual. GameStop however; that's kinda strange.

Can confirm that people are going around buying it all up. Heard about it from some GameStop employees near by.

I feel like we had to deal with this nonsense with Dragon Majesty too. I'm just going to wait for them to show up on PokemonCenter.com

Only not that. Apparently I'm going to get some easy complete sets of the base HF for not an outrageous price all things considered.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had a tough time tracking down the Mewtwo and Mew Collections at their local stores? People are hoarding them and reselling the boxes for $50 or more each! It’s like Generations’ Mew boxes again.
I was lucky enough to get a few of the ones my Gamestop had, super thankful that I did. I guess that puts me in the minority?

There are complete sets of the base set on ebay for not outrageous prices. My cards came from a card shop ebay seller so I don't feel like I'm feeding the fire too badly here. Now I just need to gather the Shiny Vault.

Hidden Fate's base set isn't that big and only has a few chase cards, all of which are unplayable garbage, so no surprise there. Shiny Vault's prices on the other hand are a catastrophy right now.

Shiny Vault's prices on the other hand are a catastrophy right now.
I really can't wait to see things stabilize for the set, I'm interested to see how prices on the SV cards end up faring. I hope most of it isn't too bad, but I know anything meta is going to be annoying to get for a while.

I can confirm that in my home town, Hidden Fates disappear the moment they hit the shelves. When looking online, the Mew and Mewtwo pins are aplenty at sites selling Hidden Fates, ie., CoolStuffInc, ToadAndTroll (and affiliate sellers), which tells me even those online stores are opening their products for singles instead of selling the boxes. For those stores that have a few boxes to sell, they go for almost 3 times the retail prices. Luckily, my FLGS limits sells to 1 box per person, and I was able to buy one of each of the Mew and Mewtwo boxes.

Madness in the after-markets for this set! Hopefully, things will die down with later releases of this set, so I can buy more than a box.

Ok so I finally got a hold of 3 Mew pin boxes at retail price. In my 9 packs I pulled:

Shiny Guzzlord GX
Shiny Rowlet
Raichu GX
Wigglytuff GX
Shiny Ralts
Charizard GX and Shiny Turtonator GX (same pack)

Those are some damn decent pull rates.

Ok so I finally got a hold of 3 Mew pin boxes at retail price. In my 9 packs I pulled:

Shiny Guzzlord GX
Shiny Rowlet
Raichu GX
Wigglytuff GX
Shiny Ralts
Charizard GX and Shiny Turtonator GX (same pack)

Those are some damn decent pull rates.
I'm loving the rates of this set. It really makes the sheer amount of SV cards feel more doable since you're pretty consistently getting a hit just about 1 in every 2 packs. (You went above the norm here from what I can tell). This is a fun set to open for sure.

My pulls went as follows, out of 9 packs:

1 RA Bird Trio
1 Starmie GX
2 RR Bird Trios
1 SV49 Zard GX.

I got less out of mine obviously, and no regular shinies which I found kinda strange. Still hit about 1:2 rates, and I can't complain about getting a Charizard, lol. Excited to open more of this set though.

I only got 2 SVs in my first six packs but one was Gold Lele so I guess I can't complain. Pulling the Zard out the 6 tins, 2 ETBs or Super Premium Collection I have coming would just end my existence though!

Back