'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
No Black Belt, Dojo, and Diancie for 2 energy.
It combos well with marshadow and machamp.
If they kill it, you do 180 (dojo and diancie) for 2 energy.
  • Groudon - since we need F accel, I think this is the solution... That makes F Pokémon recognizable. Giratina & Garchomp can dump 2 Pokémon with its GX atk, although Malamar would be its best option. 4 Geodudes

braywing

Aspiring Trainer
So if I'm reading correctly, Phione is the new Guzma that immediately re-shuffles itself into your deck as long as you have space on your bench.
If they make a new bench-limiting effect, I expect it to see a lot of play.
The effect is closer to escape rope you make your opponent switch one of their Pokémon out not that you get to pick which one comes up. So it’s like volcanion but without discarding energy

Xochitlwaki

Aspiring Trainer
That Chikorita is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm also super hyped for Venusaur and Snivy Tag Team! Gen 1 pandering is tiresome, but we'll just have to endure it.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
So like GG End before it, so far this set is looking like a hot mess of blurry theming and the same Pokemon we've already seen multiple times in Gen 7. Let's see what Dream League and Alter Genesis have for us....

Cute train promos though!

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
The new Great Catcher is amazing for just an item. Oak is the new Bridgette so I like that!

Also liking that new Bewear, gives Zapdos free retreat if anyone still wants to play it after rotation.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Venusaur/Snivy looks fun. I like the ability.

BuT WHO CARES BLASTOISE AND PIPLUPS ART IS SO GOOD IT'S EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED I LOVE IT I'M SO HAPPY LOOK AT MY LITTLE BABY PIPLUP UP THERE AHH I LOVE IT

Ahem, sorry. I'm just really happy with the card right now.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Venusaur & Snivy TTGX - Since we don't have viable gusting options (but we have), This can possibly bump Celesaur for being the best tanking deck ever. Although Celesaur can do use Buff Padding while this doesn't. The atks are so expensive and we don't have ways around it. Although its viable. Weakness to the BEST DECK IN THE FORMAT lets it down. 4 Geodudes
  • Blastoise & Piplup TTGX - The main atk itself can KO Reshizard straightaway while accelerates and heals the energy. The GX atk is easily payable.. NagaQuag and the main atk can do it. Although you can use NagaQuag to get 3 energy turn 2. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Dusknoir - Spell Tag on an ability that don't need to git KOed. 3-4 Geodudes. Being a stage 2 is an issue.
  • Guzzlord - Weavile and Night City to get out of the active. Although 120 isn't enough to KO common non-GX. Think Buzzwole. 3 Geodudes
  • Bewear - Optional. OMG! I need to tell him. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Great Catcher - We don't any gusting options post-rotation, this card fills what we need. We need to gust big GXs to win, but we've already use your supporter to draw cards but we can't use our Guzma. Now, with this... this solves our problem. Discard 2 cards... it's not new. 5 Geodudes What I am worrying is... Will Pokemon Keep GXs in Sword & Shield? If it is, good. If not, oh no.
  • Professor Oak's Setting - Setup cards for playing multiple types. Most commonly Zapdos/Jirachi. Zapdos/Jirachi plays 3 types: Zapdos (L), Jirachi (M), and mostly Absol (D). 5 Geodudes

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Venusaur ans Snivy GX: Shining Vine is awesome. It is an instant Lysandre that one has access to each turn. I could see this card as a focus of a more diruptive Grass deck.
Charizard and Braixon GX: Two nice attacks and instant access to three chosen cards from the deck sounds great. Also remember that with Choice Band gone Reshiram and Charizard GX are no longer able to take ohkos.
Blastoise and Piplup GX: Two nice attacks and acceleration sounds decent.
Dusknoir: I like the low attack cost and build in Spell Tag on this one.
Guzzlord: Red Viking is the perfect addition to current Black Market Box decks that attempt to cheat the prize race with Umbreon and Darkrai Gx and Mega Sableye and Tyranitar GX.
Bewear: Carry Run is nice but this card could be hard to find with Ultra Ball rotating out soon.
Great Catcher: The best and strongest GX hatred card that we received thus far. It is Lysandre's Lab and can be used on the same turn as Welder.
Prof. Oak's Setting: This can also search for Pokémon GX when needed but the downside is that all of them need to be different types which restricts its viability.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise could have easily been Typhlosion, Meganium and Feraligatr...