SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Well, this is a disappointment. I was really hoping it would let you discard a bird Pokemon so you could heal one of your other Pokemon 90 HP. What a shame.

Richard Haeder

litleo op plz nerf
i want to play this in expanded with emboar and camerupt EX and welder/blacksmith. camerupt ex is blacephaleon but 3 energies and discarded. just as a fun deck, because it probably will be too slow to work.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
man, I was so ready to buy a box of this set when I'm in Japan at the end of this month but my LEAST FAVORITE LEGENDARY (Heatran) getting a GX in this set automatically changes my mind lol

Also the art for G&G-GX is kinda disappointing :( I like the pack art better tbh

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
I was hoping I would really like G&G and I do! Mostly for the second attack tho. I feel like it's also purposely designed to work with LOT Giratina, which I love that card a lot too so no complaints there. The first attack is ok for one energy. The GX attack could be devastating but it's pretty underwhelming. The + effect is even more underwhelming as you need 3 extra fighting energies. Yeaaaaahh good luck with that.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Distortion Door + Calamity Edge sounds funny, other than that nothing too nifty, could possibly find its way into Mally as either a tech (Viridian makes running one or two Fighting so much easier) or as its own archetype but I fear Garde/Sylveon-GX is not going to allow that very easily.
(EDIT: Double DDoor + Calamity Edge OHKOs GardeSylv so it'll be a trade war, but I think Garde still wins the matchup in theory because it can run non-Tag Teams to lessen the amount of prizes the ChompTina takes. There's probably some niche mon that will help but if there isn't we have to 2HKO with Tina. I think ChompTina is faster than Garde though which will greatly help, plus you're gonna be taking knockouts before they can get a Magical Miracle and ruin your life.)
(EDIT 2: Nevermind I really like this card lol. I think it's really good, disregard my nothing too nifty comment earlier. People are really underestimating it just because the two types of Energy. Virdian exists and Ultra Necrozma proves that any Dragon with a Psychic attach cost is something to look at.
DDoor + Calamity Edge hits 250, band fixes some numbers for you, access to DDoor helps hit some numbers as well (hi GardeSylv), Ditto Prism can act as either another Inkay or as a Pawniard in the GardeSylv matchup for your Bisharp w/ a tech Metal Energy or two that can be searched for with Viridian. Decks got mad potential.)
Heatran is kinda just Xerneas Prism but for Fire but also a GX, maybe some shenanigans with Volc in expanded.
Grimsley is bad but the full art is gonna be beautiful.

Last edited:

Anselm Sim

Aspiring Trainer
I just hope that they print more dragon support - something that’s close but not entirely the same as welder. It’s almost non existent at the moment :confused:

OnGaard

Aspiring Trainer
G&G TTGX is meh due to the fighting energy requirement, but this could be a fun expanded deck.

Could run it with jirachis and Cyrus prism star as well as double dragon energy to lower the amount of Pokemon your opponent has on the field, then discard 2 of them.

Heatran GX is gonna be a fire 1-tech like Articuno GX is for water decks.

And grimsley seems fun for picking off low hp Pokemon, but probably won't see much play.

DorilMagefont

Aspiring Trainer
Holy moly the fire support. Heatran would have synergy with tag team Charizard. Combine that with Welder and Charizard and Reshiram, fire will be a force to be reckoned with

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
G&G TTGX is meh due to the fighting energy requirement, but this could be a fun expanded deck.

Could run it with jirachis and Cyrus prism star as well as double dragon energy to lower the amount of Pokemon your opponent has on the field, then discard 2 of them.
It could probably be played exactly like Ultra Necrozma is nowadays just fight instead of steel, etc/

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
If Heatran-GX has the same ability as Arcanine-EVO, it's interesting to consider that it's not a "come into play" ability like Koko-GX or Articuno-GX, but rather, it lets you move Energy at any point in the turn (so long as you've switched your Active with Heatran). The situations where this is significant may be rather few and far between, but I could see that flexibility coming in handy at times

ZABOKI .

Aspiring Trainer

Heatran GX is gonna be a fire 1-tech like Articuno GX is for water decks.

And grimsley seems fun for picking off low hp Pokemon, but probably won't see much play.
And paralell city in expanded

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Lacks Ultra Beast support and is harder to use the GX though. More prizes as well.
ChompTina also has more HP, more damage for the same energy cost and can be streamed easier. They each have their pros and cons. By plays the same, I think he means that they're each run with Malamar engines and have another Energy type that can be searched out via Viridian Forest and have very high damage outputs.

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Garchomp/Giratina is the Garbodor partner I've been waiting for. Synergy with Mysterious Treasure and Heavy Ball if you want to go that far. 4 DDE and 5 Psychic Energy is a very concise energy line. Garbotoxin is very easy to set up in a deck like this, and you can 2HKO everything, if not outright OHKO non-GXs and some GXs with Choice Band. Linear Attack followed into Calamity Edge kills just about anything as well. And if not Garb, you can also go the Bats route since those dudes can be grabbed with Mysterious Treasure as well. In Expanded, I think Garchomp/Giratina is just a very efficient attacker because of DDE. I'm no authority when it comes to predicting whether it will be top tier, but I think it will be a fun and effective card and something to keep an eye on at the very least.

In standard, I'm not sure if it'll take off without more Dragon support. But you can snipe Ditto with its first attack for a colorless energy which I think is something to note. I can't really think of anything that can do that as a basic.