SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Mediocre, but at least the card is getting a GX version. If it was CC it would probably work well enough on some decks, but as it stands it doesn't do enough damage. Maybe counter Skyfield decks on Expanded? As if, lol, it kills something but gets killed in return.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
might be worth a spot in an expanded bronzong deck as a counter to sky field decks, or perhaps the gx attack could work in some sort of hand control strategy. pretty niche, but some potential none the less!

wolfkingponyboy

Aspiring Trainer
i love mawile and i love the art on this! very in your face. the gx attack is kind of tempting to use... but the card will probably see zero play :(

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Sick. Mawile is one of my favorite pokemon and seeing it get a GX is nice to see. Really like how the card interacts with your opponents hand and its pokepuff ability seems good in situationally.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
I hope they give sableye one kinda lame they gave mawile and EX, Mega EX, and a now a GX so if they don't give its counterpart at least a GX that's just rude

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Mawile-GX - TBH, it's fine. Not amazing. But its fine. Dealing a max of 160 before modifiers is alright, KOing Non-GXs. But, anything of it, not appealing. Yes, it could distrupt your opponent. It's uninspiring. If they keep your opponent benching, run Omastar and give them Item Lock. 3 Geodudes

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
If your opponent is trying to play around Towering Splash, this could be a nice card, but ultimately, I don't think it will see play.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Mawile doesn't do enough damage for it's energy cost in the current meta. The GX attack... Meh. Most decks don't have a ton of supporters in their hand at any given time. Though something to point out is that this breaks Lusamine loop for control decks. And this also makes Steven hats engines fall apart completely. The ability is useful sometimes. Rarely will the opponent just have basics they didn't put down. This card is terrible if you don't play it with lavender town.

Wait! Big eater GX? Discard supporters? I never knew Mawile ate people!

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
I could maybe see this being of use in a control deck, mostly for the gx attack. Guzma up a bench sitter support pokemon (hopefully something w/ heavy retreat cost), counter gain + one metal energy could put them in a situation where they can't easily retreat or guzma out.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Well that’s....
Recycled.

Ability is very overused, this needs to stop! Dusknoir BUS and some attack on a later Pokémon I forgot.
Second attack isn’t THAT overused (still on Dusknoir BUS) and it’s nice to see because we don’t get it that much. The energy cost is a pain in the neck, though.
GX attack, I wouldn’t say, is that good. We don’t see it much (thanx TPCI) but it’s not that good.

Overall, I’d say it’s rogue status. It’s basically a 2-Prize, Basic version of BUS Dusknoir with perhaps weirder attack costs.

(Nice call, @steffenka)

Wechselbalg

brb
Ehhh, just a worse version of BKT Zoroark for the current/upcoming meta. In range of a Tag Bolt KO, can't hit the right numbers, needs two attachments, weak to fire, lightning resists it, gives up 2 prizes. No thanks.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
This is a pretty cool card. The ability and the GX attack both come off as nice surprises that can theoretically be used on the turn you drop this card, assuming you can find a way to accelerate energy onto it. Even the first attack isn't bad, since it's BKT Zoroark's attack which was proven to be good, it just has a more awkward energy cost. Maybe you could actually put it in Malamar, specifically in Ultra Necrozma variants since you already run basic metal energy along with Viridian Forest, but by that point I feel like people are gonna experiment with Garchomp / Giratina-GX.

I like it! Even though it's probably not the most exciting card I've seen.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Would've been cute on a Basic Pokémon, but too much effort for the Stage-1 setup in comparison to the eh damage output to prompt any play competitively.