'Mewtwo Strikes Back EVOLUTION' Trailer Gives First Look at Ash, Misty, and Brock in CGI!

The Settings and backgrounds look good, the Pokémon look okay, and the humans frankly look pretty bad. Almost like claymation or something. Which could be fine, but ends up coming across as fairly low-budget IMO

But I didn’t really get to see them talking or interacting, so it might be ok. Change of this nature can take some getting used to, I’m still hopeful it could be OK

I like the look of this, kinda reminds me of Dragon Quest Builders in terms of looks.

Well, this just goes to show, Ash looks bad even in CG. Aside from that, I'm curious how this movie will turn out. I also like the Meowth at the end.

The environment looks really awesome, the Pokémon CGI design is awesome, and the humans well hope I see less of them in the movie, really looks like clay design.

After so much positive progress was made with last year's film, we have 'evolved' into a cut scene from a mid-90s interactive DVD game. It just looks awful. I hate it.

Horrible, Disgusting, and they could haunt me in my nightmares. I'm fine them in 2D. Even a Rhyperior can puke in the room seeing those faces

My observations from the screenshots plus description:

They make me wonder: This film looks like a CGI port of the first movie for the new kids that weren't around back in 1999 when the original debuted in theaters, do you think so???

Last edited:
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
I like it all except for there characters... I was honestly hoping this would be animated but sadly its turned to this...

I like the look of this, kinda reminds me of Dragon Quest Builders in terms of looks.

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking this looks like dragon quest related due to the designs

WHAT
This rendering of Ash is tied with the super derpy one from the Sun Moon anime.
Brock looks terrifying, Misty, ironically, looks like a fish, the Pokémon and environment look pretty good, actually, but there’s one thing that really hits home with me about this movie:
No Goomy. Sad.
Either way, not something I’m going to be seeing.

The human characters look like they came straight out of 3D Earthbound Games... And due to playing Smash Bros for a little bit, I'm imagining Ash constantly yelling, "PK Fire! PK Fire! PK Fire!" in my head. >.>

Back