'GX Ultra Shiny' Pack Featuring Shiny Pokemon, Worldwide Card Legality After All?!

I bet these will be part of or the entire next special holiday set, or at least I hope so, but that would bring up the issue of card legality. They would all have to be alternate art reprints or they would extend the legality on these somehow. Idk.

So would this new vulpix reset its legality so that it will stay standard for a while longer?
No. The cards use the original set numbering (or however someone else wants to explain it) so they retain their original legalities.

Every non-GX shiny so far from this set has had incredible artwork, gonna be real upset if we never get them in the west.

So would this new vulpix reset its legality so that it will stay standard for a while longer?
Japanese cards since the beginning of Sun/Moon expansions have had the letter A, then B printed next to the set symbol (in this case, SM8b). The cards that are reprinted in this set have the SM8b symbol and the letter of the ORIGINAL set they were in. It is widely assumed that the letters are to rotate blocks of cards out of format (first "four" SM sets had A, then B for 5-8).

TL;DR - Probably not.

Every non-GX shiny so far from this set has had incredible artwork, gonna be real upset if we never get them in the west.

Japanese cards since the beginning of Sun/Moon expansions have had the letter A, then B printed next to the set symbol (in this case, SM8b). The cards that are reprinted in this set have the SM8b symbol and the letter of the ORIGINAL set they were in. It is widely assumed that the letters are to rotate blocks of cards out of format (first "four" SM sets had A, then B for 5-8).

TL;DR - Probably not.
So the A is basically saying it is originally a part of the A block then, even though it's a part of SM8b?

I hope we get another mini-set here in the West with all the Shiny Pokemon. In my opinion, they should've saved Shining Legends for now and make it a whole set with contents from this set's shiny Pokemon and all of Shining Legends.

So the question now is are we getting Shiney Lycanroc or the regular one in our February set.
Why not both?

I Need that vulpix! With it, my collection of alolan vulpix cards would be complete! I have the original beacon vulpix and the toys R us one, so this would be great to have!

I hope we get another mini-set here in the West with all the Shiny Pokemon. In my opinion, they should've saved Shining Legends for now and make it a whole set with contents from this set's shiny Pokemon and all of Shining Legends.

Why not both?
If that's the case then chances are good we'll get all 3 shiny Lycanroc in the same set.

Back