Alternate Type Toxicroak from SM5+!

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
Looks like they got lazy on the art again lol

Anyway, it certainly looks interesting, and it could make a useful revenge killer.

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hmm, so a OHKO on Zoroark GX if a Psychic Pokemon is KO. Although not really competitive (too specific), it could be a fun tech in Drampa/Garbodor or Espeon/Garbodor decks, since they already are playing DCE.

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
The fighting type onslaught continues. So people will want to play psychic and grass types to counter them, but seeing as there is so much metal support incoming, I reckon fire type decks will see a rise in playability so grass may not be the best option. So psychic types seem like the best meta counters, only metal resists psychic. So basically play a metal or fighting deck.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Just run both toxicroaks. When one gets knocked out, the other can hit 120 for a dce.

Not a great deck, but hey.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
TPCi Employee: Oh no! Gardy became bad before we could release all those Metal types because of Zoroark! We have to get revenge!
CEO: Yeah, sure! Let's make loads of OP Fighting-types so Zoroark will become unplayable too! YAY!

Komaferrer

Aspiring Trainer
I could see this hypothetically being run in Expanded with Virbank. Strong Energy choice band poison jab for 110 for 1 Energy. Run this with like Seismitoad and maybe Toxic Spikes Toxapex and you could have something

Grimxcore

Budding Professor
So many fighting Pokemon coming out with these Alt. type mons. It seems the biggest gripe is people want alt art for these cards. Honestly I am more excited to see the possibilities of multiple typed mons like this.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Heeeyyy, this might actually be good.

You could run it with Seviper, and if they knock one out, you get revenge damage~
Also works with Wobb.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
In expanded you get Virbank. So 1 Seviper, a Strong Energy, Muscle Band and Burbank you do 110, knocking a Garb out going back into your turn. Not great, but not repulsive

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Fighting Toxicroak - good for Revenge on KOing your Leles. Just pop a DCE on your Toxicroak, and make sure that if Lele is got KOed, 120, OHKO Zoroark. Ha! Still also weak to Garb and Naganadel, 100 HP and worst RC. 4 Geodudes

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
  • Fighting Toxicroak - good for Revenge on KOing your Leles. Just pop a DCE on your Toxicroak, and make sure that if Lele is got KOed, 120, OHKO Zoroark. Ha! Still also weak to Garb and Naganadel, 100 HP and worst RC. 4 Geodudes
Also, you could run both types in one deck, when one gets KO'd revenge with the other type :p

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Why are people talking about Toxicroak getting revenge on Lele KOs? I see this as a cute tech in a Buzzwole mirror. Buzzwole KOs your Buzzwole or whatever, you promote the frog and hit for 240. Or, you could effectively counter a Psychic-type with Psychic Weakness (like Espeon-GX) and go for it that way.

Regardless, I don't envision this card seeing much play. Too techy in this format.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
TPCI prints a pokemon and gives them a weakness because basically every pokemon needs a weakness printed on it.

They then print a pokemon of that type because they print pokemon of every type.

"DAE think this because good card xD"