'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
possible new decks coming out of this set:
Greeninja GX/ Zoroark
Necrozma GX/Malamar
Zygarde GX
Noivern GX/Gabodor (new Noibat)
Ultra Necrozma/Malamar (seems inconsistent with the 2 types of energy)
Metagross/Ultra Necrozma

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Regarding translations:
-Hawlucha: Freefall > Sky Drop, a move that Hawlucha gets in the games. It should be worded like Guardians Rising Alolan Golem's Heavy Slam: "This attack does 20 less damage for each [C] in your opponent's Active Pokémon's Retreat Cost."
-Scatterbug: Plague should be worded similarly to Steam Siege Meowth's Stall: "You can use this Ability only if you go second, and only on your first turn."
-Dragalge: Twister should be worded like: "Flip 2 coins. For each heads, discard an Energy from your opponent’s Active Pokemon. If both are tails, this attack does nothing."
-Zygarde 10%: Earth Aura is essentially the same as Furious Fists Hawlucha's Shining Spirit: "Damage from this Pokémon's attacks isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance."

Last edited:

SamuelOak

Researcher
Very unexciting set competitively. Looking even worse than Crimson Invasion and all that gave us was Buzzwole...

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Way back in the day fossil trainers didn't give prizes right? Is that still true with this new unidentified fossil?

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Actually I believe that the set is rather nice. There are a lot of cards that assist existing decks and the psychic support can result into a new deck that did not exist before.

Cybno

Aspiring Trainer
Of course, this set isn't as good as the others. But it honestly isn't terrible, some good decks can come out of it. Diance is gonna be really annoying though~

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
I like mystery treasure. it can search your deck for psychic types like tapu lele, for a single discard. unlike ultra ball which is 2 discards. it also searches out dragon types like Dialga/ Palkia and the entire Garchomp line from Ultra Prism

as a man who has now made Garchomp/ Lucario his main deck I would seriously consider running at least 2 copies of Mystery Treasure in my deck

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
Kind of disappointing to me, thought there were better opportunities for gxs than this. Well, atleast the gen 3 set will be awesome... if they make sableye gx.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
I don't care what people are saying. You can use logic, and reason, I don't care. RAY/EELS IS BACK, AND IT'S GOING TO BE BEAUTIFUL.

Back to those juicy three energy one-shots. It gets tiring having to get 4 energy for a knock out. Especially Buzzwole. That stinking 10 hp.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Exeggcute/Alolan Exeggutor - I love the atk. Good in an "Arceus Deck", but in some metadecks sucks. 3/2
  • Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon - Scatterbug's ability's goodness shall be matched by its evolutions. I wish Chespin was in there. I hate that evil butterfly. As a sidenote the Sugimori one is the same as Abra from Mysterious Treasures. 3,3/1/1
  • Skiddo/Gogoat - ehhh. 2/2
  • Pheromosa - Perfect for Vikabulu since its 2nd atk fits its atk cost. BTW, this is a bit downgrade ver. of Dusk Mane Necrozma. 3 Geodudes
  • Cubone/Marowak - If we get the Aether Grunts in the next set, Marowak and Ninetales will be a thing. 2/4
  • Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox - Burning your active is good, the atk sucks. 2,2/1/2-3
  • Litleo/Pyroar- able to OHKO Metal decks with Lysandre Labs is good as long Cool Solgaleo doesn't exists. But the stadium prevents it to OHKO Tapu Lele. Sucks but cool. 2/3-4
  • Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja-GX - This will see play like the bats do. The RC and AC of Greninja worries me. 3,4/4/4
  • Clauncher/Clawitzer - I hate two-turn atk. Your opponent may KO you before you get set up. 2/2
  • Bergmite/Avalugg - Avalugg sucks, Bergmite can be. 2-3/1
  • Helioptile/Heliolisk - Prof. K's fave Pokémon. Nothing to say. This and Heliolisk sucks. 2/1-2
  • Espurr/Meowstic - Yay! #SparkleArmy. Meowstic sucks because it can't even atk for 1 Energy enough to OHKO Buzzwole. 2/2-3 I love the artwork on Espurr's reaching #Malestic tail.
  • Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash - Doublade may saw potential to make Aegislash so useful because as of now, Aegislash sucks. 2,3/3/2-3
  • Inkay/Malamar - Good Psychic accel. Good with Necrozmas too. The regular and the boss one. 3/4
  • Amaura/Aurorus - Aurorus can be a thing but the atk is so expensive. Given the fact that it is evolved from Fossil limits its potential. 2/3
  • Skrelp/Dragalge - Good ability, worthless atk. 2/2-3
  • Hoopa - ehhh. 2 Geodudes
  • Pancham/Pangoro - ehhh. 2/2 Geodudes
  • Binacle/Barbaracle - I love auto-paralysis but the condition keeping it from its limits. 2/3
  • Tyrunt/Tyrantrum - Same fossil problem as Amaura but I like the ability. 3 Geodudes
  • Hawlucha - Ehh. 1 Geodudes
  • Zygarde 10 - Absolutely terrible. 1-2 Geodudes
  • Zygarde 50 - nice tech. 3 Geodudes
  • Zygarde-GX/ Bonnie - I love this concept. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Rockruff/DuskLyc - Nice tech in some decks playing Lycanroc-GX + we have 70 hp Rockruff, Hooray! 4/3-4
  • Diancie Prism - Guarantee in Fighting decks. 5 Geodudes
  • Volcanion Prism - Still decent. 3 Geodudes
  • Yveltal/Xerneas-GX - Both of them are good but not great. Their damage isn't enough to OHKO Meta decks. 2-3/3
  • Guzzlord - Perfect gimmick but unplayable due to expensiveness. 2 Geodudes
  • Flabebe/Floettte/Florges - Both of the Flabebe were good. One is a Super Rod but as an atk and one is like ULP Shinx. I am not convinced on Florges. 3,3/3/2-3
  • Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra - ehhh. I respect @Lord Goomy so no hard feelings, man.
  • Ultra Necrozma GX - New Ray/Eels. 4 Geodudes
  • Eevee/Sylveon - if you're playing Sylveon-GX, tech one of these. Allows to use the second supporter is awesome. 1/4
  • Bunnelby/Diggersby - ehhh. 1/1
  • Furfrou - ehhh. 1 Geodude
  • Noibat/Noivern - a new deck emerges with this, Noivern-GX, Shining Celebi and Garbodor. 4/3
  • Eneporter - Good way to disrupt energy, but E-Hammer is better. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Fossil Excavation Map - okay for fossils. 3 Geodudes
  • Lady - Magnezone loves this. 4 Geodudes
  • Diantha - One of in fairy decks. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Judge- welcome back again.
  • Lysandre Prism - One of in Volcanion decks. 3 Geodudes
  • Lysandre Labs - Turns off Choice Band but Blowers can stop it. 3 Geodudes
  • Mystery Treasure - You need this in Psychic decks like Malamar. 4 Geodudes
  • Unit FDY - I don't see Dragon types will benefit from this.
  • FAs/RRs - always awesome but I don't play it
  • The set - Not as in good competitive-wise. The set gives us few and interesting cards.

Last edited:

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
I don't care what people are saying. You can use logic, and reason, I don't care. RAY/EELS IS BACK, AND IT'S GOING TO BE BEAUTIFUL.

Back to those juicy three energy one-shots. It gets tiring having to get 4 energy for a knock out. Especially Buzzwole. That stinking 10 hp.
Don't you only need two discarded because of weakness anyway?