SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
The problem here is that you leave a HP 80 Gabite active and a lot of decks can hit for 80 damage on their second turn. You are taking quite a risk here.
For now there is Wally to evolve Gible to the Gabite with ascension while it is the active. Then use Gabite's ascension. However, for that to work you would need to be the player who goes second. Tapu Lele helps get Wally. But that is also risky; since this stratagem also depends on the contents in your starting hand. Or just use bodybuilding dumbbells so Gabite may have a chance of survival before you get Garchomp. Then use field blower to remove dumbbells from Garchomp and any one of your opponent's Stadium or Tool Card. That's my thought on the matter anyway.

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
Ok, so all the brand new cards, Nagandel, Polipole, Mesprit etc will likely be in SM6 as will FA and HR Lucario. I want to know how we will get the alternate type Pokemon.

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
You and me both. I'm a firm believer that most of the top tier decks in the format lost most of their power without cards like Sycamore.
Yes. Even zoroark is hurt by the rotation of these powerful cards
Was playing some 2010 with my friend ata cup this past weekend and I reflected on how good SP and stage two decks were without all of this. Honestly, I kinda hope ultra beast becomes the new SP. Fan Club, Lele, and Cynthia in this new format should be sufficient (although 2010 didn’t see a lot of PONT play so maybe no Cynthia)

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Yes. Even zoroark is hurt by the rotation of these powerful cards
Was playing some 2010 with my friend ata cup this past weekend and I reflected on how good SP and stage two decks were without all of this. Honestly, I kinda hope ultra beast becomes the new SP. Fan Club, Lele, and Cynthia in this new format should be sufficient (although 2010 didn’t see a lot of PONT play so maybe no Cynthia)

That would be a pretty interesting core but I do want to go back and build my older decks since I had fun with them in those formats but we won't see any changes till next rotation so we still have another year of sets that could reprint these cards. They seem to be doing well so far. I just hope they don't mess up now.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Psychic Rotom - w/o the Roto Motor ability, this card is trash. I'll ask you a question, what are the ways of getting so much Psychic Energy? What are the BEST Psychic energy accel? 2-3 Geodudes
  • Fire Heatran - If Garbodor will stay til October, this will beat Cool Solgaleo, but it's impossible to happen. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Dewpider/Araquanid - Too Slow! 2 Geodudes
  • Fighting Acension Gible - Garchomp deck is now Broken. 4 Geodudes
  • Mesprit - Uxie + Choice Band = OHKO Buzzwole for DCE. That's it. Not even OHKO A Lele. 3 Geodudes

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
With a bit of luck, we'll be able to see the full set tonight, seeing that the set is released tomorrow.

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
But where are the advertised 10 GX? As far as I know we have only 7! (LEAFEON, Glaceon, Palkia, Dialga, Dusk Mane, Dawn Wings, Silvally)

If they would count the RR Pheromosa, Celesteela and Xurkitree we had ten.

Last edited:

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Probably the best trainer card from this is Crusher Wake. Will really help out water decks, wonder though if unit energy grw will count for water discard requirement, probably not though. But Beast Ring will make games late very interesting for a comeback and all I can think of when I look at it is Lord of Rings, especially the secret rare.

Trainerjaren

Aspiring Trainer
Probably the best trainer card from this is Crusher Wake. Will really help out water decks, wonder though if unit energy grw will count for water discard requirement, probably not though. But Beast Ring will make games late very interesting for a comeback and all I can think of when I look at it is Lord of Rings, especially the secret rare.

Unit Energy counts as a Colorless energy in the hand.