News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

I wonder how easy it will be to make venosaur work. Stage 2 . could be clunky as you can't start getting benefits of energy attachments until evolved to venosaur

How odd to see one of the best Ultra Beasts in the games become one of the worst in the TCG. But, the alternate levels of power are part of why I enjoy the TCG so much.

I don't actively hate Pheromosa, but I like that alternate art on the garbodor way better.

Even though Pheremosa is a bad card, I think it reflects the in game version well. In the VG competitive play, Pheremosa is prized for its speed and its high attack stat. Though the attacks aren't reflective of Pheremosa's attack stat, fast raid, with its sinking ability, is definitely representative of Pheremosa's speed.

No it's not. In the game Pheromosa is a glass cannon with abyssmal defensive stats and extremely high speed. In the tcg it's averagely bulky with 170 HP, has a retreat cost of 1 and weak offense. How is that an accurate representation at all ?! It should have 140-150 HP, 0 retreat cost and deal at least a little bit more damage.

Everyone is so mad with no T1 donking, I thought Pokemon wanted to move away from that situation in general due to how un-fun it is. I personally like the card art and can't wait to see this stick bug in FA.

What a disappointing card. You could MAYBE tech it into a Grass-type deck that doesn't run any GXs so you could get a late-game OHKO, but that's about the only use I see for it.

No it's not. In the game Pheromosa is a glass cannon with abyssmal defensive stats and extremely high speed. In the tcg it's averagely bulky with 170 HP, has a retreat cost of 1 and weak offense. How is that an accurate representation at all ?! It should have 140-150 HP, 0 retreat cost and deal at least a little bit more damage.

Though it is true that Pheramosa is a glass cannon, it's hp and retreat cost are more accurate to the format as most of the GXs are 190-250 not 170 as EXs were. Most of the faster Pokémon also had one retreat cost with the zero retreat cost being for small fast Pokémon. Even regular form Deoxys had two retreat even though it has high speed even if not in its speed form.

Though it is true that Pheramosa is a glass cannon, it's hp and retreat cost are more accurate to the format as most of the GXs are 190-250 not 170 as EXs were. Most of the faster Pokémon also had one retreat cost with the zero retreat cost being for small fast Pokémon. Even regular form Deoxys had two retreat even though it has high speed even if not in its speed form.

But 170 HP is still average for basic gx-Pokemon. Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini both have 170 HP and are way bulkier in the VG than Pheromosa. Also other pokemon being translated badly into the tcg doesn't make Pheromosa any better. It's such a nimble looking pokemon, it should definitely have free retreat imo.

Actually a pretty bad card. It will probably never see play.
As for the interesting donk attack, Latios is a better option because it's still in standard (promo) and does 10 more damage.

This seems rather frustrating. I really don't look forward to playing against this guy any time soon... Both decks I use are fairly reliant on Special Energy...

Not that bad. Ability gives a good wall against certain decks, and the GX attack is pretty cool, though not very competitive. In theory though, you can use that attack and make them prize something they needed.

Back