News 20th Pokemon Movie: 'Pokemon! I Choose You!'

theBeeeN

Aspiring Trainer
Oh man, the feels! I would loooove it to be about Ash's first few days as a pokemon trainer!

miyamoris

Aspiring Trainer
I'm conflicted about this.
On one hand, the problem with this kind of remake is that it won't probably fully capture the magic of the original material. Plus, I'm getting really tired of the franchise current obsession with 1st gen nostalgia.

On the other hand... well, the original series material is awesome, with the very first episode being especially magical. If they can bring at least part of the charm for new audiences and adapt things well, I'm all for it.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Oh no. Oh no no no no no no no way. No freakin' way! That would be awesome! Finally! A movie not based around Ash befriending a legendary Pokemon, and getting involved in something super ridiculous and cliché!

Oh my goodness! Pokemon had me hyped for Sun and Moon, and they still do for the next games, but this is a whole other thing! The hype is real now!

I was sick of all the Generation I glorifying in the TCG, but this is something that could get me to pay attention to the Pokemon Movies again! I'm definitely watching this to see what it's about.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Ash-Pikachu forms and Pikashunium Z confirmed as the events for 2017, I guess. Marshadow saved for 2018.

yu6

Demon Buster Trainee
For the first time, I have hype for the next Pokémon movie!!
And they used "Mezase Pokémon Masuta" (the first Japanese opening of the anime)!!! And that old style font *___*

By the way, I found another video of it sicne the other one don't works

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
While I won't get over-hyped or anything, I do like the idea of this movie. I like that poster even more. Simple, yet beautiful. =)

Maybe it'll be a little more relaxed and/or emotional, rather than some grandiose plot about the featured legendary. That'd be nice. But we'll just have to wait and see.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Can I please have this. Like, right now?
So we are getting a Pokémon movie where Ash doesn't become friends with a Legendary Pokémon that also knows telepathy (unless he flirts with Ho-Oh), and doesn't go to some non-canon town in the middle of nowhere? This was needed. I hope it turns out good.
If they do this from now on, I will be happy. Very happy.

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
Now THIS looks promising.

First the games and anime taking a new direction and now the movies. Finally a movie that isn't about Ash befriending the mythical Pokemon of the year! Also from the screenshots alone it looks almost like Pokemon Origins or Generations artstyle. Consider me hyped.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Don't think I care much for another Pikachu movie. It will be nice to see Ho-Oh in a movie though but I wonder if this movie will be a recap of the first few episodes of the first season.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
Gives me Rebuild of Evangelion vibes. Might be a good oportunity to reboot the anime, but honestly, if they didn't do it with Generations, they won't at all...

As much as I dislike what the Pokémon Animé has become, I must confess the nostalgia is strong in this one.

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
First of all, moment of you have any clue wether is worth will be out ash befriending another Pokémon or not, so stop speculating

Second, the reason ho oh is here is because ash saw hi oh in one of the very first episodes as he was leaving pallet town

TheRealBro..

Maybe it'll be a little more relaxed and/or emotional, rather than some grandiose plot about the featured legendary. That'd be nice. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Exactly. That alone excites me. Finally something different that may very well capture the magic of the beginning, and in my opinion the very essence of Pokemon (that awesome feeling when you send out your favourite monster to show someone who is ''the very best'') instead of just adding more complexity, power and explosions. I'm looking forward to it!