News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Card ruling can you evolve a munchlax, into Snorlax GX
I don't think so unless they sweep away GXes are separate Pokemon compared to EXes. If it is a Munchlax that has text on it that it can evolve into Snorlax maybe? It might be a good chance to make both a Pokemon and a Pokemon GX are counted towards the same name restriction.

We'll need to see more about GXes to truly know let's see what the Snorlax GX box brings.

SO happy to have EX... er, GX... be evolutions again! Now if only we could stop getting pro-Basic Tools, we'll have some better balance! :D

I don't think so unless they sweep away GXes are separate Pokemon compared to EXes. If it is a Munchlax that has text on it that it can evolve into Snorlax maybe? It might be a good chance to make both a Pokemon and a Pokemon GX are counted towards the same name restriction.

We'll need to see more about GXes to truly know let's see what the Snorlax GX box brings.

They could bring back the Baby mechanic! I'd be very pleased with that.

Actually there is a miss translation in the first attack
It does not mention grass basic energy
It said basic energy only

This shit is stupidly broken, such an overcreep from pokemons ex. This is better than a lot of megas. I'm going to take a break from pokemon tcg.

This shiat is stupidly broken, such an overcreep from pokemons ex. This is better than a lot of megas. I'm going to take a break from pokemon tcg.
How exactly is this broken? The card would have been mediocre for a basic let alone a stage 1. Thats like saying I think Primes were broken because they were better than their normal coutner part, but they were only slightly better than what we had before (Lvl. X). I think normal EXs were bad for the game, high HP basics that could be dropped on the bench right away. I think TCPi saw that Primes and Lvl. X actually worked fine, far better than normal EXs and decided to make a change. 2 years from now pokemon will be a better game, with far better balance thanks to the fact they these EX like pokemon need to evolve, just like regular evolution lines. This creates much more diversity when it comes to making decks. Evolving is a huge part of the main games, and should be heavily influenced in the TCG as well. A step in the right direction TCPi, hats off to you!

Hold on a sec... It is a "Stage 1" Pokemon.

I'm thinking...

So Eeveelutions should work with it, right? :)

Last edited:
I'm pleasantly surprised that this is a Stage 1! (...It's a pretty crazy Stage 1, and I can only imagine how insane a Stage 2 GX could be, but still.) Hopefully, this can lend to a better balance of big Basics and evolutions, especially once the Standard format becomes SM and on. With Solgaleo and Lunala GX being Basics, it's hard to tell if evolving GX's will open up more opportunities to play evolving Pokemon, but I certainly hope it does. (It's disappointing seeing so many interesting Stage 2's that never see play. Then again, who knows if Stage 1's and Stage 2's will be played at all if they aren't GX's.)

This is really good. This is the way this mechanic should be. I do hope they manage to balance this.

Yeah, the card looks pretty good... For what I've seen from these new GX cards that is.

Still don't like the lay-out of these cards, they look cheep in my opinion and the CGI doesn't help either. Very flashy, but no heart.. May be skipping these (probably not, because I can't help myself when it comes to Pokemon)

I'm already a huge Lurantis fanboy and this card is just amazing .0.
I WILL try to make it work competitively.

I guess only time will tell but it seems odd to just remove a feature from the game like that with not explanation at all. I hope they are continued as GX stages with no real importance placed on mega evolution similar to the different forms some Pokemon have.

I guess looking back, baby Pokemon also went away and never came back.

The big question for me, is what the Reinforced extension for S&M in Japan will contain. That comes out before S&M in the west. Ami Ami says "Randomly assorted from 51 types + ?? types" and that each 5 pack includes 1 energy card.

The big question for me, is what the Reinforced extension for S&M in Japan will contain. That comes out before S&M in the west. Ami Ami says "Randomly assorted from 51 types + ?? types" and that each 5 pack includes 1 energy card.

The Reinforced set more or less reads like a sort of Concept Pack. I wrote about it in the original article when the products were first announced here. It doesn't seem like these cards will be folded into the 1st English Sun/Moon set (based on card numbers alone if nothing else; there's not enough space to cram 50 more cards in), but they may be included in the 2nd set, or released in a special blister pack (eg., Double Crisis), or something else.

This IS fascinating, and has definitely made gameplay more interesting. It seems that Pokémon GX are being treated exactly like the ORIGINAL Version of the Pokémon ex, but without double weakness. I'm loving Sun and Moon already.

The set stats also hints towards more Alola pokemon. which was gonna happen anyway as its such a defining mechanic for Sun & Moon but still awesome to have confirmation on it Now give us Alolan Gardevoir Game freak >:3

Back