News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

I really hope for reprints of Electrode and Alakazam. Although their abilities may get modified because that would change the game drastically.

When I look at the Numbers on Pikachu and Zapdos I see there is space for all the lightning base set Pokemon! I say Raichu, Voltorb, Electrode, Electabuzz, Magnemite and Magneton confirmed!

I would love to see a base set Electrode reprint. Then we would be able to give up a knockout for the opponent to get what is equivilant to a Double Rainbow Energy. I can just see the fun strategies you could do with that!

It remains to be seen whether they will retain their holo pattern into the Worldwide release, but it would be awesome if they did.

While that's one thing, I'm thinking about the reverse holos/common holos for international releases.

Hopefully they'll do the same type of fireworks holo as Legendary Collections did

It's funny how there are reprints that have different hit points. I like it, but at times it's confusing.

I know that the Eeveelutions didn't make their smashing debut till Jungle, but I would love to see those cards redone with the Eevee from the Japanese vending cards that may/may not surface in this XY expansion. I would just love them so much!

I would love to see a base set Electrode reprint. Then we would be able to give up a knockout for the opponent to get what is equivilant to a Double Rainbow Energy. I can just see the fun strategies you could do with that!

What ruined it for competitive play originally was how Energy Removal or Super Energy Removal could essentially take a Prize by discarding Electrode after its "Buzzap" Pokémon Power had KO'd itself to function as a Special Energy card. Enhanced Hammer survives rotation so the only real hope for an update is if works a bit different, finds a specific combo, or the fact that at least for now decks aren't typically running 2-4 Enhanced Hammer.

Kadabra, remember!

Alakazam has been released before without Kadabra, remember! ;) I do not mean Alakazam-EX either; we simply received an Abra with an attack that allowed it to Evolve directly into Alakazam.

Alakazam has been released before without Kadabra, remember! ;) I do not mean Alakazam-EX either; we simply received an Abra with an attack that allowed it to Evolve directly into Alakazam.

And even if we didn't have the precedent in Abra's (Mysterious Treasures) Ultra Evolution, this is a Base Set homage. A re-imagined Pokémon Breeder (or just a Rare Candy reprint) would also allow Kadabra to be sidestepped. (Though it would be odd to have a Pokémon that could only evolve through use of a Trainer card.)

Zapdos (Base Set) was the very first Rare card I ever opened, so I have a soft spot for it. The reprint is better in every way - Thunder's energy cost and the lowered retreat cost means it can effectively abuse Double Colorless Energy now, and Thunderbolt remains really pricey, but can OHKO EXes with a Fighting Fury Belt. I doubt it'll find a place in competition, but I'll probably try to get a few for nostalgia's sake.

Onix got its energy costs swapped around, which is good, as you probably don't want to be using up two attachments on a stall attack. And Rock Throw still does negligible damage, but at least it's not 10. Odd that neither the original nor the reprint has Lightning resistance though.

And poor Chansey, so far the only Pokémon to get actually nerfed in her reprint. Still, a retreat cost of 3 brings her in line with the Phantom Forces Chansey, and if Alakazam retains a retreat cost of 3 (and appears at all...and has the Damage Swap ability...), Heavy Ball can search for either.

Is no one going to talk about how they're bringing back the OLD HOLO PATTERN?!
Not to be a major buzzkill, but they've not confirmed that the US set is bringing back the starry holofoil pattern, so excuse our reserved reactions.

If and when that's confirmed, all aboard the hype train, full speed ahead.

While that's one thing, I'm thinking about the reverse holos/common holos for international releases.

Hopefully they'll do the same type of fireworks holo as Legendary Collections did
I'd settle for Firered and Leafgreen style reverse holofoils, to be honest.

Back