News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Wait a second, are they using original art and card design?

No matter how bad these cards are. I will buy a box for sure.

This is not looking good. Energy requirements will stay the same. That means a handful of pokemon will be playable either by their powers(or ability) or their cheap attacks. I'm guessing if base set Mewtwo is remade it will get a heavy HP boost and Psychic attack will do severe damage with [P][C].

Blastoise and Venusaur will get through because of their ability and probably heavy boosting of their attack.

I actually just recently pulled a Chansey from a Base Set pack. I'm ludicrously eager to put the new one beside the old one in my binder. :3

What is that card/photo on second image? Some kind of promo card like imakuni in hole or what? That would be awesome tbh.

Wow I didn't think Base Set Chansey was so good that it needed the nerf bat. The card is actually worse for the most part. Not even a change to the attacks you would think Double Edge would have been an energy cheaper or not entirely deal the amount it does to herself.

I guess it's a Heavy Ball Target now? Woo? Scrunch doesn't even matter too much with Pokemon Rangers around.

Onix and Zapdos have smart redesigns of their attacks and a slight increase to their HP. Most likely HP increase to not be a Level Ball target. Guess the same for Heavy Ball for Zapdos having one less retreat.

Base Set has Pluspower and Defender, but unfortunately these are 1 turn Muscle Band and Hard Charm. I guess they'll returnMuscle Band/ Hard Charm in this set probably.

Evalutions:
  • Onix - Is this my 1st time seeing 40 damage in 2 Energy?
  • Chansey - Looks nice! Is Blissey next? I think not, but we'll hope for the best. I wish the Protection cube is around.
  • Zapdos - Looks destructive. Magnezone-ing it and you'll be fine. I wish it'll be 120 HP

I guess only certain cards are getting updates. I love that Zapdos, the added Hp and damage is good. It's just so nice to see these old cards back again!

I love being right about things. I knew this would be our final XY set. And OMG, every time a reprint card is revealed...it's such a huge trip back to my childhood. XD Almost better than you know what. ALMOST. But looks like Onix has a new move and such so it's more of a new card thanks to that. But that old art. :3 Just tell me if we're getting Blastoise again. I need another good one that will let me help my water deck return to awesomeness.

Btw, where are these commercials at? I want to see too. Post, post!

My questions are, will any cards be receiving new art for the sets, will any Pokemon from generations 2-6 be in this set? Will all of the cards in this set (except the EXs) be in this format? There's so much I don't know about this set.

Back