Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Tobo

Training foxes since 2015
Well... If it didn't attack with 5 energies, it wouldn't be a Steelix, right? :D

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
Y does mega stelix take 5 energy to attack? sigh just another mega gyarados which I actually like the mega gyarados attack with energy switch and palkia...sure you can power this up with carbink but it would just be better to power up a primal groudon at that point...it is just like mega aerodactyle but a lot worse...that only requires a dce and a fighting this guy you have to play the metal...

Purrloin

I like the idea of using Steelix-EX's attack of 100x the number of heads with Trick Coin (or with Victini in Expanded) more than using the Mega form's attack. If I'm going to go with a 5 energy attack, I might as well go for overkill instead of settling for 160.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
That is way too less of bench damage for it to warrant that high if an energy cost even though the base is 160 to the active. I would be OK for the base damage for that cost because it has so many damage buffs to that from the fighting type with Fighting Stadium, Strong Energy and Regirock EX. Not to mention the immunity to non damage effects from the new Legendary( Name eludes me). There's also Energy acceleration with Metal Links, Mega Turbo and it can use Two DCE if need be.

But WHY would you play this when you have really good fighting EXs like Lucario, Zygarde who is also easy to get from a tin and in expanded Landorus? If the bench damage was 30 to each I would maybe see using it but otherwise not a measly 10.

Clear

Birb is the Word
I like the idea of using Steelix-EX's attack of 100x the number of heads with Trick Coin (or with Victini in Expanded) more than using the Mega form's attack. If I'm going to go with a 5 energy attack, I might as well go for overkill instead of settling for 160.

You... must have better things to do with your life than to ever set that up, right?
If I have to pay 5 energy for an attack, it should let me take all 6 prizes, and make me a sandwich.

If I want to do something cool, I rather knock out a Mega with Umbreon-ex, pick up 2 Greedy Dice among the 4, and get heads on both dice to take all 6 prizes. That would be great and funny, this guy is not funny in the slightest.

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
Can be Maxie'd lol

Eh I wouldn't call it unplayable. It's not at ALL competitive, but with Carbink and Battle Compressor you can attach two DCE. This is different that Groudon because of the colorless energy cost.

They're drastically overestimating how much being two types affects the power of a card. Weakness is important but like......c'mon.....

Also wow wait! The set got posted as I said that. No translations though, is that title erroneous?

Last edited:

Buyo

Aspiring Trainer
On one hand, Carbink BREAK can throw 2 DCEs onto M Steelix, but on the other hand, Carbink can throw that many Strong Energies onto M Aerodactyl to do nearly the same exact thing for 2 less energy.
I'm kinda bummed out because I love Mega Steelix, but M Aggron and M Aerodactyl both do what it does way more efficiently :(

EDIT: Is that an Infernape that does 200 damage I see????

Last edited:

Purrloin

You... must have better things to do with your life than to ever set that up, right?
If I have to pay 5 energy for an attack, it should let me take all 6 prizes, and make me a sandwich.
I didn't say I'd use it; I meant that between the normal EX's 5 energy attack and the Mega's 5 energy attack, I'd prefer the 100xHeads one. :p

uic

Aspiring Trainer
guys...that clauncher pokemon has a good ability....i think its once during your you can put special energy from hand to one of your mega pokemon....your mega steelix answer

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Mega Steelix looks like a glorified Dialga-EX. It can take advantage of Fighting-type buffs while metal energy is easily recycable with Bronzong. Dialga-EX was a good deck in the day, and it probably recycled far more than M-Steelix would need.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Gifs! I really like that shining effect! o_o Also we actually have good scans of every card. Nice!

Dual type Volcarona! Awesome, I really hope it's playable. Also Infernape seems to have a very powerful attack. I was really hoping for translations when I scrolled to the bottom :/