Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Really cool card. One sorta silly use is:

Near dead EX? Switch to Non-EX, auto-knocks it out, lose 1 prize instead of 2. Cool stuff.

Machamp EX will benefit the most from this card. Have a Pokemon with poison? Does it have plenty of damage counters? Ninja Boy out that Machamp EX and smack down whatever opposing Pokemon is one fell swoop. It's all ogre.

I was thinking it'd benefit Mega decks a lot too. We can slap Spirit Links onto any Basic now since they carry over after swooping, and essentially evolve into the Mega immediately.

Ah yes, forgot you could do that with the Spirit Link cards. Long as there are no Startling Megaphone cards waiting in the wings, that'd make for a great Mega Evo combo. (Or even sooner still with the likes of Mega Rayquaza)

This card makes Alakazam slightly more playable with Wobbuffet. Play 4 Wobb, and 4-4 Kazam, and no other Pokemon. Start(Hopefully) with Wobb, then block opponents Shaymin, then Ninja Boy into Alakazam, Mega Evolve, and repeat. That's the short simplification of it anyway. It also works with Groudon and Wobbuffet.

Big boost to EX decks. I really hope this card gets a full-art. If Team Rocket got one last set, this would be a good one too. Ninja Boy running through a cloud of smoke in the shape of a NB would maybe be the design.

shaymin ex/jirachi ex + ninja boy + ultra ball to either reuse their powers or get the weak bench sitters to safety.

what else... yveltal to fright night yveltal to turn off tools, swapping into a wobbuffet to turn off abilities. swap in a regirock ex/volcanion ex for the damage boost.
swap in a pokemon with revenge attack maybe
switch between the different eeveelution ex ie weaken them while immune with jolteon/glaceon then swap to umbreon ex if they mega for the extra prizes.

swap into a low hp poke like magicarp then evolve to gyrados

I absolutely love this card. The deck that immediately jumps to mind is Jolteon/Glaceon/Umbreon, to switch between the three of those if your opponent switches to different set-ups. Could also be used in decks with long set-ups, such as placing down a Carbink to deny EX's, placing down a Groudon Spirit Link and then Ninja Boy-ing into a Groudon-EX, and then evolving into Primal Groudon-EX.

I could see this being teched into a budget Rainbow Force deck, semi-good card, it does suck that your opponent chooses what Pokemon and not you. But it is amazing that it is a colorless, glad to see some haf-flying type's actually repping the colorless type.

Last edited by a moderator:
This card is fascinating I like the balance of you having to carry both the good and the bad effects over.

Also shout-out to WPM for the history lesson of a previous card like this as I fell out of the TCG in Neo and got back in to HeartGold SoulSilver.

Drifblim, in my opinion, is a meh card. If it was a basic, I could see it having some play, but due to having to get it out and playing down two energies, and then replacing them with two more isn't going to get you very far with 8 damage counters. However it could be used as a counter to Night March, but in my opinion, Grumpig is a better option if you really, REALLY want a stage 1 psychic Pokemon to counter Night March

Ninja Boy is the card that finally makes Ancient Traits strong! You want to set up a benched pokemon with 4 energy but dont want it getting Lysandre'd during setup? Set up Omega Barrier Electrike and then Ninja Boy it for your Golem-EX once done.
You want to put 2 fighting fury belts on your Emboar-EX so it has 260hp and hits for 170? Ninja Boy it out from your Theta Double Entei with 2 belts attached.
With this and the new Volcanion-EX i think Entei decks are going to be absurdly strong in the future.
If the next Pokémon does not have the Theta Double ancient trait, you have to discard 1 Pokémon Tool Card, that's obvious.

There are a lot of ways to play this card, it's very versatile, and it's a search card as well. It can be played anywhere from offering an instant tech, to an instant counter, to a scramble switch like move from the deck.

Absolutely love that artwork on Ampharos :D still one of my favourite Pokémon after all these years.

If the next Pokémon does not have the Theta Double ancient trait, you have to discard 1 Pokémon Tool Card, that's obvious.

sorry, is that obvious? i mean i dont think being able to ninja boy out for 2 tools makes much sense either but it just seemed to not have any info that says what to do in the situation, not like a card like strong energy for instance when used "incorrectly".

Last edited:
sorry, is that obvious? i mean i dont think being able to ninja boy out for 2 tools makes much sense either but it just seemed to not have any info that says what to do in the situation, not like a card like strong energy for instance when used "incorrectly".
The rules of this trading card game say that a Pokémon card can hold only 1 Pokémon Tool card. Theta Double lets you attach 2 Pokémon Tool cards. If a Pokémon card does not have this Ancient Trait or loses it, it can hold only 1 Pokémon Tool card as usual, so you have to discard 1. Yes, I think it's pretty obvious...

What a great card! So many possibilities!

But...

Sigh. Just another one that won't get a Full Art. I'll be over the moon if they announce just Misty's Determination (or N) FA, but really, all new supporters should get a chance at glory; not just the ones depicting main characters from the newest regions (I'm just going to assume that Shauna, Trevor and Tierno aren't going to miss out; that would just be further disappointment).

I don't even care what it does when the translation is posted. It's absolutely gorgeous and I need a playset.

160 HP is pretty low though, especially for a metal type.

Back