Toys R Us 'Pokemon Day' Only for Kids

Hellcat

Outlaw Trainer
This is totally going to suck if I can't get those awesome cards. :/ I'll definitely I've it a try and if I fail, I'll cry in the store and tell them i'm just a big child lmao I really hate how TRU thinks it's only kids that like Pokemon. B(

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
This is totally going to suck if I can't get those awesome cards. :/ I'll definitely I've it a try and if I fail, I'll cry in the store and tell them i'm just a big child lmao I really hate how TRU thinks it's only kids that like Pokemon. B(

I know, seriously. Just reading the article makes my skin crawl.

Although, this is Toys R Us we're talking about. I'm a regular customer and from experience they are pretty lax when it comes to stuff like this. If you're older and you want something they originally intended for kids, that's ok. Everyone is a kid in their book.

At least I hope they'll be like that for the event. If I run into a strict employee screaming "YOU'RE TOO OLD! KIDS ONLY! SECURITY!" I'm gonna scream, protest and demand a manager.

Oniyoi

Aspiring Trainer
It's for children of all ages. As an employee at toys we are told anyone can join. Children tho can't be left alone we are not baby sitters. So yes if you want cards go for it.

Dino.Collector

@Primal.Army General- Gold Star & Gen 3 Collector
I actually emailed you about this awhile ago WPM- is there a better way to contact you, like through the forums?
[EDIT: Just realized because of autocorrect I ended up using "Pokémon" (with an accent) instead of "Pokemon" in the body of the email, which might have filtered it out. Oh well.]
Also, just realized there's going to be a Ponyta promo, I'm excited for that :)

Last edited:

Celty

Somebody you used to know
That's cool and all, but much more excited about the Target gold karp *^*

Dfwallace2

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hmm. The Toys R Us I visited on Saturday only gave out 1 promo card (Magikarp)... I guess I'll need to give them a call to find out why I didn't get a Pikachu.

Dfwallace2

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Is there any thing we as players can do to stop scalpers at this events?
I guess we could report the store to Pokemon for not following rules but I doubt if there would be repercussions (I believe the Toys R Us employees were instructed by Pokemon to only give the promo materials to young kids). If the employees followed the rules, I doubt the scalpers would be able to get their hands on enough of the cards to make a difference. At the event I went to, the employees were following the rules, but not the case everywhere.

ironcladmerc

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
There was no lineup at my local Toys R Us for the Pikachu promo, people waited in their cars and once the store opened, there was about 15-20 people total to get the card. The store had 250 cards to give out.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Is there any thing we as players can do to stop scalpers at this events?

Nope. Usually they should just give it once to each person that asks for it. Other than that - there should be no reason for someone to demand more than 2 at most. I mean I'd go with friends just to ask them to pick some extra up for me for a playset but other than that.... I'm just happy with the one that I got.

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
Oh dear, looks like I'm going to have to spend more gas money on common cards. No matter, I usually pick up a bunch of packs when I'm there anyway, should be fun for a Saturday :)

Odd thing I encountered when I was picking up my Magikarp promo: The holo pattern for the three I picked out were unique. Generally they resemble bubbles but they didn't seem to be exactly alike. I scanned the rest on the table and from what I could see, it was like that for all of them?

Curious.

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
when I went and got the mew box a couple months ago they had that buy 1 get 1 40% off but the price of the boxes was 16.99 msrp is 12.99... so even with the deal it cost like $1 more before tax, luckily I pulled two jolteon ex and a FA flareon ex.

so unless they changed it back to msrp or you can get them to pricematch your better off buying the mew/celebi/jirachi boxes elsewhere.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
I'm going simply because last time the place was swamped with kids who where trading. I'm assuming this might happen here too.