Magiana Revealed in 'CoroCoro!'

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
Z isn't happening. That is why Zygarde has been bumped to the anime (when he was clearly supposed to be in this movie based on the teaser at the end of the last one), randomly inserted in the next TCG set without being its focus. He is being completely glossed over in order to begin the Gen 7 machine. If anything is going to make Nintendo's next console a success it is a new gen Pokemon game.

I will be more than willing to eat crow if I am wrong, but it really seems like Gen 6 is winding down. Bring on Generation 7!
I was thinking Gen 6 would end with one last shot in the form of XYZ as a combination of X and Y with a new pokemon expansion and possibly more expansions overall, then a year or two later, Gen 7 on the hinted NX Portable/Handheld version. (I'm having fun calling it the NXBoy)

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
Maybe she has something to do with the Klinklang line. Klink is a mysterious Pokemon, Magiana may have had a part in it's origins. I wouldn't be surprised if she can learn Gear Grind and/or Shift Gear.

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
That would seem likely if it weren't for Klink's line suddenly appearing 100 years ago rather than 500. Also, Gear Grind seems a little odd to me since it literally throws gears twice, or... In the case of the Klink line, throw both main gears. So, maybe she throws her head twice? Lol

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Here's my speculation.

Magiana (who I think might be Romanized as Mageana due to speculation of the name being gear and machina) is most likely a Steel/Fairy-type pokemon. Steel first due to it's mostly metallic features. Actually, I'm not sure if it would be Fairy, now thinking about it. Fairy does seem to be related to beauty, bliss, and happiness, but I can also see it being Psychic due to its sentience, or even just pure steel. I can also expect it to have a signature ability related to gears or steam powered things, but I'm leaning more towards it having some kind of -ate ability or passive ability.

My guess to what it's secret might be is maybe it's powered by a Diancie's diamond or a fairy gem due to what G-Panthera said.

My only other guesses is perhaps it happens to be steam powered, thus working perfectly with Volcanion, or it happens to be a special capture or tracking device which, when inactive, closes up by closing its head and lower half and retreating its legs and torso into the body. I feel like the red and blue lines and dots on it might be pretty important too.

My last bit of speculation about it is regarding it's generational placement. I saw a comment on youtube that explains something else. Also, for the record, they later corrected "bottom-left" to "bottom-right".
magi_by_xplayer1x-d9r9chy.png

Video Source if you wish to see the comment yourself: watch?v=9VVd6WUfo8o

I agree with them that it could be a precursor, but I feel like it might just be hinting at Generation 6.5 with "Italy" being the "tail" on a shooting star. What I mean is, Kalos is shaped like a star and Italy is shaped like a swipe by a paint brush. I can't help but see GF making it the "tail" to Kalos, making it resemble a shooting star. Think of B2W2's expansion of Unova. But, at the same time, I can also see it being it's own large region with 3 large kingdoms, a Grand Duchy, States, and 3 smaller regions as well as 2 large islands. One of these islands is directly below a French island and is part of the kingdom directly connected to France. This could be like Kanto and Johto's connection.

I'm going to stop here since I'm beginning to digress, I think, and I'm also heavily distracted by... home issues. But, take this chunk of speculation and do with it as you please.
Well, since I'm Italian, I hope that these theories will become truth :D

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Z isn't happening. That is why Zygarde has been bumped to the anime (when he was clearly supposed to be in this movie based on the teaser at the end of the last one), randomly inserted in the next TCG set without being its focus. He is being completely glossed over in order to begin the Gen 7 machine. If anything is going to make Nintendo's next console a success it is a new gen Pokemon game.

I will be more than willing to eat crow if I am wrong, but it really seems like Gen 6 is winding down. Bring on Generation 7!
Then you can best prepare for a potential crow dish, because all current evidence is leading towards a Gen 6 Part 2 scenario:

1. There are still things within Kalos yet un-resolved. I can't exactly remember what, but its there nonetheless.

2. There's Zygarde's hidden moves coded into the X&Y games - Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves. If he was being glossed over, they wouldn't leave such information behind in the games.

3. We still have to obtain Volcanion, the last Pokémon of the Kalos Dex, or should I say, the last Pokémon in the first half of the Kalos Dex

4. Magiana looks way too much like a mechanical Diancie. Would have to be a fool to think otherwise, thus making it related to the Kalos mythos.

5. There's a prevalient theory about a possible southern Kalos, as hinted/foreshadowed within the X/Y Games. Not a exact "New" region, but one that adds to Kalos likely, in similar veins with Black 2 and White 2, but this time with never-before seen Pokémon, such as Magiana, yet belongs in the Kalos region.

6. There's great focus on Zygarde himself within the anime, and the anime is currently called Pokémon "XY&Z". Meaning this is still Gen 6, now going to a potential part 2.

7. There still needs to come a third game, or a pair of new games relating to Kalos in one way or another. So far every Gen has pretty much done this.

8. We still need to get Zygarde in this new game, however he's implemented into said game due to his hidden moves, so this is a given no matter what.

9. Lastly, Masuda himself has said in a interview that he wants to end Gen 6 on a unique way/manner. If ideas allign as guessed by many on the net, adding new Kalos Pokémon during mid-gen is something that has not been done yet in the entire series.

That said, you may feel to disagree on this, but I and mostly everyone else can't see any well-presented evidence leading to a Gen 7. As such, prepare for the possibility that you're camping on the wrong side of the spectrum on this.

Gen 7 isn't coming yet, and if it does, its for the NX handheld as the 3DS is slowly phasing out. Pokemon Z/XYZ will stay on the 3DS and likely be its swan song, and for that to happen, it has to be something special.

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
9. Lastly, Masuda himself has said in a interview that he wants to end Gen 6 on a unique way/manner. If ideas allign as guessed by many on the net, adding new Kalos Pokémon during mid-gen is something that has not been done yet in the entire series.

Also, this is the only generation we have had online patches to fix things ingame, why not roll out a patch with new pokemon if gen 6.5 is happening?

inb4 ''GF can't force you to update the game, bullshit''

Don't know if this still applies, but in 3rd gen Emerald had patches for Ruby/Sapphire in game files which was added during trade between the games

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
It's name should've started with W. Then we would have had
V - Volcanion
W - this pokemon
X - Xerneas
Y - Yveltal
Z - Zygarde

G-Panthera

Also, this is the only generation we have had online patches to fix things ingame, why not roll out a patch with new pokemon if gen 6.5 is happening?
Indeed. GF is pretty much free in that regard too. We have pretty much transcended the Gameboy/DS era. With the internet capabilities of the present, this is completely possible, so it all works with new Pokemon being added into a existing gen. If all goes well, Gen 6 Part II should prove this correctly without fail.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
This has probably been pointed out already, but it says that they're rescuing Magiana from the "Azoth Kingdom." Does this have anything to do with Team Flare's "Project AZOTH?"

G-Panthera

This has probably been pointed out already, but it says that they're rescuing Magiana from the "Azoth Kingdom." Does this have anything to do with Team Flare's "Project AZOTH?"
The immortal 3000 year old character named AZ and Team Flare's Project AZOTH, yeah, pretty much. No doubt in that guess. Its all Gen 6 related that's going up a notch, in a unusual, unique way this time.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Fairy/Metal type, no doubt.
Interesting to see a new Pokémon though! :p

Just like Mesprit/Uxie/Azelf were totally going to be retconned into Psychic/Fairy types, right? ;)
I think slapping Fairy onto any cutesy legendary right away is a bit hasty.
It might very well turn out to really be part Fairy, but a pure Steel type event-mon would be refreshing as F, considering all those exotic combinations they've used for the last 7 or so...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Just like Mesprit/Uxie/Azelf were totally going to be retconned into Psychic/Fairy types, right? ;)
I think slapping Fairy onto any cutesy legendary right away is a bit hasty.
It might very well turn out to really be part Fairy, but a pure Steel type event-mon would be refreshing as F, considering all those exotic combinations they've used for the last 7 or so...

TBH, it would be a little excessive making Magiana Steel/Fairy considering we already have Mawile and Klefki with that type combination.