Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Destruction Wave doing 60 damage?
They look great though!

Edit: Just noticed the Zygarde-EX! is that 200 HP? 190? It looks pretty nice :p

Last edited:

Celty

Somebody you used to know
Yays! soon, Alakazam will be mine >:3 *tugs its beard*
That normal Lugia looks majestic the break one is meh.

WorldRenownedHeretic

#ArchStoise Architect
I love the art on M Alazakam-EX, but I'm not sure it's any better than M Tyranitar-EX was, as they share a similar concept to their attacks. The new Lugia is sweet, although Lugia BREAK seems mediocre at best. Can't wait to see what Zygarde-EX does.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
xXMbFXE.png

'Not good enough to change the meta...

Dat artwork though...

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
Ok... I don't see much of an improvement from ttar... Besides the Collosol energy difference it is not much better. With Alakazam ability, it only does 100... But who knows? Maybe there will be a stadium that makes it not suck (I'm looking at you mega ray)

jyuxxx

Who am I???
My best guess:

スプーンまげ = Kinesis?

[P][C] Suppression: Put 3 damage counter on Pokemon that have energy on it

Last edited:

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Looking at Lugia... It's not that horrible. With a damage cutting ability, and capable of going into any energy type acceleration, I could see it going into many different decks...

If anything I can say, I wish there was an item that was specialized just for break Pokemon, kind of like how Mega Turbo works only for Mega's. Then we would see more competitive play in them.

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
I wonder if Lugia BREAK will be able to utilize Fighting Spirit Belt. It's not a stage 1 or 2, but I'm not sure if it'll still be treated as a Basic...
Likewise for Max Elixir.

cHoViiRuuS

Aspiring Trainer
Are you sure about the Lugia Break translation ? Because i have no idea why they'd make it so extremely horrible ...

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
Lugia Break has an Ability.... First time a BREAK has had more than one new feature.
lugia break does not have an ability, its the basic lugia that does. It's pretty much a reprint of the dragon exhalted boffalaunt with the 20 resistance and 120 to an ex pokemon, nice to see a stage 1 break card on a basic pokemon can hit for 150 damage could see this with bronzong or a magnizone deck. Just why make a break card with pretty much the same damage as the ex with the same amount of energy already in the format? but have different requirements either to discard 2 energy or discard a stadium? also greninja break has an ability and so does the xy greninja so you can use both abilities not at the same time, discard 1 water for 60 if in the active then discard a 2nd water for 30.

Last edited:

vaporeonH20

Aspiring Trainer
I love the art on M Alazakam-EX, but I'm not sure it's any better than M Tyranitar-EX was, as they share a similar concept to their attacks. The new Lugia is sweet, although Lugia BREAK seems mediocre at best. Can't wait to see what Zygarde-EX does.

M Alakazam-EX looks more consistent and flexible (in terms of better partners and synergy, such as DValley and others). Plus it looks it'll have some synergy with the non-mega.
_
And actually for once I have some expectations for this Zygarde-EX :)
Lugia is respectable, atleast it'll see some play competitively.