Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Oh . MY . SHAYMIN . A Ho-oh BREAK , I hate you Pokemon Company ( Kidding of corse )you have stolen all my meney. Good bye pay check .

Not cards I care for for the most part. However we finally see that Crobat BREAK make its entrance. I do want to get Ho-Oh BREAK however because it would be a good addition to my collection while (hopefully) being worthwhile enough to put in my Espeon-EX deck (it's fire and psychic).:) But who knows? One of the cards I'm not expecting to become playable will be playable. XY10 (in my opinion) is easily the most memorable set so far in the XY series.

Two things
1. How much. Is 1,800 yen and
2. How will I be able to get these from the US? Just online probly?

The value of currency is always changing, so there isnt a set answer. At the moment though its about 16 USD.

Ive kind of wondered about this for a while, but I've noticed people never mention the use of tool retriever to switch out spirit links for other cards like mucle bands or hard charms or even protect cubes. Can anyone offer some insight as to why that is? I feel like that doing it can alter how some megas play.

I'm definitely excited to see Delphox and its break, even though it'll still be outclassed by Greninja and trevenant in terms of consistency and ability to mess with the current meta. The Ho-oh break is less than desirable, and it'll just be another mediocre promo to add to the collection. The same goes for Crobat; its attack is a horrible mockery of deck and cover, one that will never see much competitive success, if any at all. Mega garcomp is fairly hype though; with double dragon energy, mega turbo, and hoopa, getting a turn two 180 is entirely reachable. Aromatisse/ fairy drop will be able to keep chomp fairly healthy for reliable damage output as well. The only problem is that with hard hitting, cheap basics running amock in the current format, Big G will be a lot less viable. So what if you can get a turn two, or even turn one, Crimson Edge off on a joltik? Another would just take its place next turn. Your only hope would be to rely on chomp's inherit tankiness and spam healing cards to try and stem the marching tide.

I know but the speed loss is made up for in attack. Because 180 damage is pretty low for an attack that needs 4 Energy AND damages yourself for each damage counter on my favourite Dragon. It should do at least 200 damage.
Yes, definitely.

So many long-neglected Pokemon have returned in this set! I knew that Arceus's glorious return in the Legendary Collection would lead to good things for the future!

Huh. Waiting for the translation team to do all this stuff, I already see Serperior as being fun but geuninely useless.
Energy Pouch is most certainly useful.

Looks like Mothim and Wormadam have an interesting dynamic together. Her ability and his ability both reference each other.

That reunicules though:
Link Fusion: Does 30 damage if you have solosis, 60 if you have duosion and 90 if you have reuniclus on your bench.

Solosis is Minilink, 30 for solosis, and duosion double link 30 for solosis and 60 for duosion

Last edited:
Wow, this set is quite interesting!

I'm not too happy about that Carbink, as EX Basic Pokemon really don't need any more support at the moment (although it is a decent counter to the toxic Hammer variants).

I like that Rotom - it has the potential to move an insane 180 damage from your Pokemon to your opponent's Active. There's Team Magma's Secret Base that would help that, but otherwise it looks more like a counter to Trees.

Barbacle seems like a nice addition to the asset of Stage 1s that like slowing the opponent down. Now when is that Marowak coming around?

Bronzong strikes me as odd because it's a worse variant of Mr Mime.

Reuniclus has a lot of potential, as it can hit 190 damage for a single energy with a Dimension Valley, but it's set up is quite large.

Expload is hilarious but probably won't see all too much play, unfortunately.

Energy Pouch sounds like great news for Blastoise/Magnezone variants, but not really anything else.

Metal Spoon sounds (and looks!) really neat, but I'm not too sure how useful it'll be at this point. It blocks Tree but I think that's about it?

The first attack on that Mew card reminds me of the print from Radiant Collection back in the Black and White days

I could see barbaricle as a tech one of in a Archie deck. Not too sure about that Genesect EX. It is still from the theme deck, but is a full art (if you notice, the logo is the same) . Is there still hope for full art Zygarde EX?

EDIT- I just woke up when I posted this so my eyes, on top of having a - 3 prescription, weren't the keenest. The set logo is XY10 incase anyone was still confused from my original post.
No full art Zygarde EX :confused:

Last edited:
Please please please let the Umbreon full art leak soon! I CANNOT wait to see it! I want to mount it on the wall with my Espeon full art. :)

Back