Spin-Off Charizard and Weavile Confirmed as Playable Characters in 'Pokken Tournament'

DragonFlames

Aspiring Trainer
So? All those Pokémon actually deserve being loved. They're all amazing Pokémon that have been great in the TCG [Gardevoir RS/SW/ M Gardevoir, Machamp SF, Gengar SF/Lostgar/Gengar EX] or Pokémon that have been amazing in the VGC [Lucario, Gengar, Gardevoir, Suicune] or Pikachu. Charizard was Useless in the competitive VGC for almost 20 years. 20 years! It took them 17 years to make Charizard good! Gengar was an amazing Pokémon for all 17 of those years! Charizard just gets a free pass to any game or anime because it's Charizard! It's a big orange dragon from gen 1! the reason you can say

is because there's more and more people who didn't start with gen 1 [or FRLG] who don't have that connection to Charizard! I bet if charizard was introduced in ANY generation after the first 2 nobody would care for it! Why? Because it's a dull ordinary dragon that isn't actually a dragon! We had that with Dragonite! Charizard is honestly, the game's most OVERRATED Pokémon.
But yeah... Weavile's cool.

Following your logic, Weavile would be another Pokémon undeserving of any kind of love from Pokémon fans. And some other 'useless' Pokémon as well. But, every Pokémon has its own fans and people who love them, even though they aren't that good in battle (like Fearow or Pidgeot) or on the Pokémon cards (like the legendary birds). I don't want to bash on your opinion, but I think that what you said about Charizard could apply to any of the 'weaker' Pokémon in the game.
And also, while I am quite neutral about Charizard, I still think saying that it is a 'dull dragon' is unfair, considering Salamence doesn't have that much going for it either, because it, too, is a portrayal of an 'ordinary' european dragon. I know tastes differ and for me, simple designs are mostly the best because of their simplicity, hence why I love most of the Gen I designs and why I am not a fan of 'overdesigned' Pokémon like both alternate forms of Kyurem or most of the Mega forms. Again, this is my opinion and you are of course entitled to your own.

And also, I personally feel that some people only hate on Charizard because some others do. It's kind of like a reversed hype train, just some kind of trend that appeared recently that many people follow because it is 'in'. I don't really know if that applies to you, too, but judging by your reasons for hating Charizard, I'd say the odds are pretty high...

Btw, I didn't mean to offend you with this nor am I offended by you. As I said, I am neutral about Charizard (I am more of a Venusaur guy, anyways) and if I did offend you, then I apologize.

Crimzonlogic

I'm Batwoman.
Lol, they made charizard so buff! They are usually a round egg shape with no muscles, but this one has been working out, apparently.

The Char hate here hurts mt heart... :(

Professor Palutena

The Queen
As someone who loves fighting games, I'm really hoping this makes it to a console. Most arcade fighters do so I think this one will. It'll just be a matter of when.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Lol, they made charizard so buff! They are usually a round egg shape with no muscles, but this one has been working out, apparently.

The Char hate here hurts mt heart... :(

The problem isn't Charizard per se, it's really Game Freak's...tough it's Charizard that takes the punch!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
People don't hate charizard and I don't for sure. I love charizard but Im sure people are tired of seeing it in just about everything (I feel the same way about about Pikachu). What I was hoping was to not see the Pokemon from smash 4 in this game so early because as it stands, the roster will be only about 19 or so Pokemon.

What would be nice is to see other popular Pokemon, like Pidgeot, Legendary Birds, Zangoose or even Sceptile be picked and shown first because these pokemon are often overlooked for game spinoff for the likes of Pikachu, Charizard, and movie Pokemon like Lucario.

I for one am happy to see Machamp and Weavile because they never got their chance to shine in spinoffs. If you watch one of the Pokemon, you'll know Weavile is a dancer, which I found interesting because all I knew about it was 383 speed Pokemon that spams Fake Out and Ice Punch.

The reasons I wan to see other Pokemon is because I want to see how they animate and how their personalities are. Just at the point, Pikachu and Charizard are boring and don't need to be in every Spinoff. I'm more likely to buy a Pokemon game where Buizel is the main playable character than Pikachu, just saying.

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
So, looks like we are going to get the other Heonn starter that was in that reveal picture

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Its about time they confirm it. I just hope Pidgeot and hopefully another bird or two make the final game. Guess we'll find out in 15 in a half hours.

Voxel

Aspiring Trainer
Hoping we see more of the Pokemon: Type Wild fighters in this game, like Loupony, because seeing it as a psuedo tribute to the fan game would be cool.

Leaf_Ranger

A few minutes ago I've read in a gaming website a piece of news where Katsuhiro Harada said that this game was made with Pokémon's fans in mind but don't they realise that Pokémon's fans have favorite types? I'm a Grass type trainer and without any Pokémon of said type in the roost I have almost no interest in it (aside from the first fact that is that I'm not going to Japan!), namely after seeing Charizard and now Blaziken. C'mon, we'll probably and unfortunately end up seeing also Emboar and Infernape! Seeing Gardevoir but not Breloom just shows that this game only has fan favorites when there's lots of other Pokémon that deserve the spotlight!

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
0.0 So many great Pokemon! I can hardly wait!

But... how long will we have to wait? 2016? 2017? Imo, it will be a poor decision to release it on NX rather than on Wii U... :S

p.s. Pokken Wishlist:
Charizard... Check
Gardevoir... Check
Suicune... Check
Lucario... Check
Blaziken... Check

Mewtwo ?
Garchomp ?
680 BS legendaries ?
Swampert (Do you even lift form) ?
Delphox ?

Jaaaaay

Fear the Six Karp Fisherman
0.0 So many great Pokemon! I can hardly wait!

But... how long will we have to wait? 2016? 2017? Imo, it will be a poor decision to release it on NX rather than on Wii U... :S

p.s. Pokken Wishlist:
Charizard... Check
Gardevoir... Check
Suicune... Check
Lucario... Check
Blaziken... Check

Mewtwo ?
Garchomp ?
680 BS legendaries ?
Swampert (Do you even lift form) ?
Delphox ?

Considering how poorly the Wii U is doing, it seems like a good idea to jump over to NX and use this and zeldea for bait tactics

Leaf_Ranger

Considering how poorly the Wii U is doing, it seems like a good idea to jump over to NX and use this and zeldea for bait tactics

The WiiU is certainly not number one but it's a great conole for Nintendo fans ans it fits as a second console. Pokken should have been released on the WiiU because this year the console seems lacking and the NX rumours don't help the console. Also, since a few (at least) owners of the WiiU are already angry at Nintendo for the announcement of NX and continued speculation from gaming sites and analysts, the NX doesn't appear in their sights because they felt it's treason which it is to a point. After great sucess with the NDS and Wii, the 3DS began poorply only to have that Ambassator program and now the NX for WiiU seems even worse than that program. This is Nintendo screwing early adopters and adopters at all when the industry was almost always bashing the WiiU but therer were still players who bought it and Nintendo does this.
I'll tell you, the NX will have a lot to prove to non-Nintendo gamers when it comes to third-party support and the Nintendo players that own a WiiU won't likely buy it, so delaying Zelda and Pokken to the NX is a waste.