JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A roughly 20-minute long Pokemon Presents has been announced for this year’s Pokemon Day, Monday, February 27th, 2023. The Presents will begin at 6am Pacific Time. As of now, we don’t yet know the topics that will be covered in the Presents, but Pokemon Day Presents have historically been very interesting, with previous Presents announcing titles like Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee, and the Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra DLCs for Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. Perhaps we’ll get a glimpse at some upcoming features for Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet? Maybe DLC for the games? Either way, the Presents should be quite exciting!

This Pokemon Presents follows...

Continue reading...

EmmaTheBest

Aspiring Trainer
FACT CHECK
Claim: Mystery Dungeon rumour
FALSE!
...You haven't seen the Spike Chunsoft leaks in the code, have you? It's almost a certainty that a Mystery Dungeon game will be involved in the Direct, but we can only guess in what form it'll be. Worst case possible is an NSO rerelease of Red and Blue Rescue Team. Seeing as how DX exists on the Switch, I find it to be highly unlikely, thankfully. We could also get Time/Darkness/Sky DX, but...I really hope it's not that, either. RB DX was...alright. Like...yeah, there's a little more content than the original, but at the end of the day, it definitely felt like the difficulty got toned down with the recruitment changes, and the artstyle...somehow never really grew on me, sad as that is to say. Nah, what I want to see is a brand new game featuring the entirety of Gens 1-9, but seeing as they've skipped Gens 7-8 entirely...I'm keeping my expectations low. :/

Nirvanna21

Mew.
"announcing titles like Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee".

See, if this announcement includes a similar release, but for generation 2? I would be stocked, in fact, I would be extra stocked if the game also added a quick button for mounts and the ability to add bulk candy to a Pokemon. Seriously, Let's Go was a good game but let down by those two things in a major way.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
"announcing titles like Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee".

See, if this announcement includes a similar release, but for generation 2? I would be stocked, in fact, I would be extra stocked if the game also added a quick button for mounts and the ability to add bulk candy to a Pokemon. Seriously, Let's Go was a good game but let down by those two things in a major way.
I don't know about y'all, but if they do ANYTHING with gen 2, it deserves more time than they have. Gen 2 is riddled with problems and HGSS barely fixed any of them, and that has to do with how the game itself was designed. They probably won't, though, seeing as they had to cut house interiors from ScarVi to save time...poor gamefreak : (

Nirvanna21

Mew.
I don't know about y'all, but if they do ANYTHING with gen 2, it deserves more time than they have. Gen 2 is riddled with problems and HGSS barely fixed any of them, and that has to do with how the game itself was designed. They probably won't, though, seeing as they had to cut house interiors from ScarVi to save time...poor gamefreak : (

HGSS was a really good game though, the only thing that sucked there was Pokeathelon.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
HGSS was a really good game though, the only thing that sucked there was Pokeathelon.
They didn’t fix some of the level scaling issues/gym leaders having really high levels and trainers really low. The grind before the E4 is awful. Pokémon diversity. There’s definitely things people forget that Johto wasn’t the best at.

Nirvanna21

Mew.
They didn’t fix some of the level scaling issues/gym leaders having really high levels and trainers really low. The grind before the E4 is awful. Pokémon diversity. There’s definitely things people forget that Johto wasn’t the best at.
I mean I can't say I had those issues at all, but to be fair I had played a lot of G/S/C before playing HGSS so I guess it was a non issue as a result.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
...You haven't seen the Spike Chunsoft leaks in the code, have you? It's almost a certainty that a Mystery Dungeon game will be involved in the Direct, but we can only guess in what form it'll be. Worst case possible is an NSO rerelease of Red and Blue Rescue Team. Seeing as how DX exists on the Switch, I find it to be highly unlikely, thankfully. We could also get Time/Darkness/Sky DX, but...I really hope it's not that, either. RB DX was...alright. Like...yeah, there's a little more content than the original, but at the end of the day, it definitely felt like the difficulty got toned down with the recruitment changes, and the artstyle...somehow never really grew on me, sad as that is to say. Nah, what I want to see is a brand new game featuring the entirety of Gens 1-9, but seeing as they've skipped Gens 7-8 entirely...I'm keeping my expectations low. :/
Oh no no, this is a mockery of the fact checking and nothing more.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Reminder that we will never see another Mystery Dungeon game as full and exciting as Explorers ever again. The hand-holding that this series is known for will rear its ugly head just as it did in Rescue Team DX; even assuming we got an "Explorers DX" it would probably just as watered down as this and previous titles.

Let's Go is an S-tier title. With a bit of polish, a potential sequel could blow Scarlet and Violet out of the water, but...

As always, manage your expectations.

Nirvanna21

Mew.
Let's Go is an S-tier title. With a bit of polish, a potential sequel could blow Scarlet and Violet out of the water, but...

As always, manage your expectations.
I genuinely loved Let's Go way more than I should, my only things that I would like to see changed would be...

1. An option to give X number of candies to a Pokemon OR one that give them the exact number of candies required to hit the "cap" for that candy range.
2. A quick mount/dismount button for flying.
3. Remove toxic from the game or put in measures to prevent it's use, it literally made 70% of master trainers redundant.
4. Speaking of master trainers, allow Pokemon to retroactively learn previous moves once you evolve. Things like getting that Caterpie to level 85 to take on a master trainer, only for your eventual Butterfree to require many scales to compete.
5. Quick level updates, I lost my mind when leveling Pokemon to 100 using Chansey, the number of button pushes to skip dialogue is insane.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Watch them plot twist and announce Pokémon Sleep 2 and Pokémon Smile 2 and Detective Pikachu 2 😂

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Rumor has it that a Switch Online version of the old games of R/G+B/Y, G/S/C and R/S/E is another possible Direct announcement. Pokemon Stadium's NSO description says that Pokémon cannot be traded in the game, but to what extent? The trading method involving the transfer paks in the original version, and NOT trading within the versions themselves? Or will you be forced to complete it with zero help of any sort from pokemon from R/B/Y and/or G/S/C that are NOT rental Pokémon? If the former, then, although irrelevant to Pokemon Stadium, will they, or will they not, create a way to send them to Pokemon HOME should the player choose to send it on a one-way trip to the ninth Gen? I hope we're not forced to play Stadium with only Rental pokemon the whole way, as that, although possible, is as difficult as the SNES Lion King(which is doable, but INSANELY difficult), to say the least... If only there's another way to play the whole thing, to ensure you're not being forced to ignore the presents you get, the GB Tower, and any hopes of bringing in your own Pokémon to battle in 3D, and going with Pokémon of inferior strengths to those trained by the player... Next week will tell the tale. Are we forced to use weaker rentals?

Nirvanna21

Mew.
Rumor has it that a Switch Online version of the old games of R/G+B/Y, G/S/C and R/S/E is another possible Direct announcement. Pokemon Stadium's NSO description says that Pokémon cannot be traded in the game, but to what extent? The trading method involving the transfer paks in the original version, and NOT trading within the versions themselves? Or will you be forced to complete it with zero help of any sort from pokemon from R/B/Y and/or G/S/C that are NOT rental Pokémon? If the former, then, although irrelevant to Pokemon Stadium, will they, or will they not, create a way to send them to Pokemon HOME should the player choose to send it on a one-way trip to the ninth Gen? I hope we're not forced to play Stadium with only Rental pokemon the whole way, as that, although possible, is as difficult as the SNES Lion King(which is doable, but INSANELY difficult), to say the least... If only there's another way to play the whole thing, to ensure you're not being forced to ignore the presents you get, the GB Tower, and any hopes of bringing in your own Pokémon to battle in 3D, and going with Pokémon of inferior strengths to those trained by the player... Next week will tell the tale. Are we forced to use weaker rentals?

I mean, if Yellow Edition isn't patched in any way, you can get all 151 Pokemon without anything else.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Reminder that none of the cool shit you wanted to happen happened