Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new trademark for Raging Surf (レイジングサーフ) has been filed by Pokemon. It’s under the same terms as trademarks used for set names in the past.

Raging-Surf-200x52.jpg

We usually discover trademarks four to six months before they go into use, so this could release between May and July.
We’re not sure which Pokemon the set name is referring to. It could be Dondozo and Tatsugiri, which are both Water-types and Titan Pokemon. This is only speculation. What do you think the set name is referencing?

tatsugiri-and-dodonzo-3139-300x169.webp

As we previously announced, January 20th will see the release of the first Gen 9 sets: Scarlet ex and Violet ex.
On March 10th, Japan will then see the release of its...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

smich_01

Casual PTCGO Player
Its definitely gonna be Dondozo and Tatsugiri, why else would it be called Raging Surf lol. I think we will get Dondozo ex and Tatsugiri will be a single prizer that combos in some way with the ex pokemon. My guess is that its ability could make tatsugiri like a tool that only attaches to a card with Dondozo in its name and it makes it bulkier and stronger. Or it just has a bench ability that boosts Dondozo cards.

CerberusAce

Aspiring Trainer
Its definitely gonna be Dondozo and Tatsugiri, why else would it be called Raging Surf lol. I think we will get Dondozo ex and Tatsugiri will be a single prizer that combos in some way with the ex pokemon. My guess is that its ability could make tatsugiri like a tool that only attaches to a card with Dondozo in its name and it makes it bulkier and stronger. Or it just has a bench ability that boosts Dondozo cards.
I would love that too. But I'm sure since in VGC different colors one gives a different effects and I'm wondering if they'll make 3 different colored versions with somewhat different abilities (like one increase resistances, damage, or health) or just one card with that ability

smich_01

Casual PTCGO Player
I would love that too. But I'm sure since in VGC different colors one gives a different effects and I'm wondering if they'll make 3 different colored versions with somewhat different abilities (like one increase resistances, damage, or health) or just one card with that ability
Definitely could see something like that happening, though I was mainly referencing Tatsugiri's Commander ability which is +2 to each of Dondozo's stats but I feel like they wouldn't go that far and have it do everything lol, you're probably more on the money with it than I was haha

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
I'm thinking either that or the reverse: Dondozo as a single prizer and Tatsugiri ex as one of those low HP gimmicky two prizers but if you attach it to a Dondozo you get an ex roughly between Basic and Stage 1 in terms of strength.

Though Dondozo ex with 3 different Tatsugiri cards feels simpler and more likely.

machamps_fifth_hand

Aspiring Trainer
Dondozo ex could have high retreat and say tatsugiri has an ability that lowers the retreat and attack of dondozo by 1 colorless energy. Very interesting theories so far

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Another thought occurred to me: Gholdengo is called Surfugo in Japanese and is in fact a surfer. "Raging" could maybe refer to another Pokemon featured in the set like a Dragon or Chi-Yu/Wo-Chien.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Aw, man, I think I only just realised how cool a water-type themed set would be. Imagine a set featuring Dondozo, Tatsugiri, Veluza and Irob Bundle.