JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The newest trailer for Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet revealed two new Pokemon referred to only as “Great Tusk” and “Iron Treads”. They appear rather briefly in the trailer, but both appear to resemble Donphan. Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet release next Friday, November 18th!

No additional information has been yet made available about these two new Pokemon. We look forward to meeting them in Paldea!

Pokemon_Scarlet_and_Pokemon_Violet_Screenshot_7-1-200x113.jpg

“Great Tusk”

Pokemon_Scarlet_and_Pokemon_Violet_Screenshot_8-1-200x113.jpg

“Iron Treads”

The text below comes from the official press release.
Celebrate the Release of Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet in Pokémon UNITE!
From November 18, 2022, to February 1, 2023, Pokémon UNITE will hold a special in-game event to commemorate the release of the latest...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Really liking the look of the Scarlet Donphan. From the shot of the Violet Donphan, I just don’t really like it that much, but that might change when I’m able to see it properly. I kind of hope that all the Future Paradox mons aren’t just robotic, I think there are ways to make something look more futuristic without turning them into robots. I also kind of wish they had more of a spotlight than just a teaser of them.

Faceless Wonder

Eevee enthusiast
Haven’t placed a pre-order because I still don’t know what version I want… Aheh

But does anyone know if GameStop typically has copies in hand on the day of, and following release? Or do pre-orders snatch them all up?

Hukutus

GLC Enthusiast
Pre-ordered Violet cos Miraidon looks much better than Kuraidon, but gotta say the historical Donphan seems much cooler than the robophant.

Tomasko26

Aspiring Trainer
Haven’t placed a pre-order because I still don’t know what version I want… Aheh

But does anyone know if GameStop typically has copies in hand on the day of, and following release? Or do pre-orders snatch them all up?
They should, or you can always check Walmart/Target/Best Buy. The only downside to not pre-ordering is you won't get the flying tera type Pikachu if you're into that lol

Tomasko26

Aspiring Trainer
I'm really happy to be seeing all this news on the Tera raid battles. This mechanic is already looking a million times better than dynamax raids in Swsh. And of course, Pokemon has to give us a Dragon tera type Charizard lol. The hype is so real!

I'm looking to get into competitive VGC battling for the first time ever so hopefully it will be something fun to pick up early on. Wish me luck..

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Glad I went here instead of sitting through even 4 minutes of a generic pop song, just to have a glimpse at something new.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
They should, or you can always check Walmart/Target/Best Buy. The only downside to not pre-ordering is you won't get the flying tera type Pikachu if you're into that lol
That is an early-purchase event, not pre-release exclusive. You can get it until late february 2023.