JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Regenerative Energy has been revealed from the Japanese set Paradigm Trigger, which releases in Japan on October 21st. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Silver Tempest in November.
Regenerative Energy
Special Energy
As long as this card is attached to a Pokemon, it provides [C] Energy.
Whenever you play a Pokemon from your hand to evolve the Pokemon V this card is attached to, heal 100 damage from that Pokemon.

Continue reading...

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
100 is not a negligible amount... that said it's very easy to OHKO basic V's even first turn going second, so this is mostly just good against decks that use 2HKO single prizers like the Lost Box Cramorant, which to be fair is a very strong kind of deck right now. If you're looking for a single colorless energy with a bonus effect, the upcoming V Guard energy is much more practical though.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Just ignoring the ridiculous number, I want to focus on the design - there are very few Pokemon that can attack before evolving to their last form. If your unevolved Pokemon is taking a hit, something has already went horribly wrong.
However, I would love to play a format where a card like this is playable, because it means evolution set-up isn't the top on the list of priorities.

PaisleyParks

A Story About Breaking a Curse
Stall deck with this and like. Devolution Spray or something. That sounds like an absolute joy to play against.

Orias

Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
Great artwork!
I don’t understand why they stopped crediting artists on energy and special energy cards… does anyone know why?

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Great artwork!
I don’t understand why they stopped crediting artists on energy and special energy cards… does anyone know why?
I have a theory.

Keiji Kinebuchi made the artwork for Basic Energy, and was credited for it, back with Base Set. He stopped being credited on Basic Energy cards starting with Energy cards in the e-Card era, which is coincidentally when he stopped making new artwork for the TCG altogether. While other art that got reused could easily be credited and moved on, Kinebuchi's Energy symbols are the ones still used on every Pokémon card today – its type, its attack costs, its Weakness, Resistance, and so on.

Special Energy were something of a different thing, since even during Kinebuchi's time he didn't have a monopoly on making art for those – Takumi Akabane, Milky Isobe, probably others had done cards like Rainbow Energy and Miracle Energy. So Special Energy was probably considered separate, and credits continued ...up until the end of Generation 6. The last Special Energy card with an artist credit on it was Keiji Kinebuchi for XY Evolutions' Double Colorless Energy.

Edit: While I was not aware Kinebuchi passed away in 2004, some of the speculation I made in this post is in poor taste now that I am. I've removed those sections from this post.

Last edited:

Pokemon1982

Aspiring Trainer
I have a theory.

Keiji Kinebuchi made the artwork for Basic Energy, and was credited for it, back with Base Set. He stopped being credited on Basic Energy cards starting with Energy cards in the e-Card era, which is coincidentally when he stopped making new artwork for the TCG altogether. While other art that got reused could easily be credited and moved on, Kinebuchi's Energy symbols are the ones still used on every Pokémon card today – its type, its attack costs, its Weakness, Resistance, and so on. Whether he quit or was fired or a contract wasn't renewed or what, we don't know, but obviously the arrangement ended. Rather than continue to credit Kinebuchi on every single Energy card in perpetuity, it seems like they might've negotiated a nice deal with him - maybe a big one-off payment as part of the exit package, in exchange for not having to credit him on a Basic Energy ever again.

Special Energy were something of a different thing, since even during Kinebuchi's time he didn't have a monopoly on making art for those – Takumi Akabane, Milky Isobe, probably others had done cards like Rainbow Energy and Miracle Energy. So Special Energy was probably considered separate, and credits continued ...up until the end of Generation 6. The last Special Energy card with an artist credit on it was Keiji Kinebuchi for XY Evolutions' Double Colorless Energy.

Feel free to wildly speculate on whether that's a coincidence or not.
Kinebuchi stopped making cards because he passed away. I don't know why they stopped crediting special energy.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think Keiji Kinebuchi was fired, because he did work creating the sculpts for the TFG.
I doubt he was fired as well, but I haven't found anything to prove he wasn't.

Kinebuchi stopped making cards because he passed away. I don't know why they stopped crediting special energy.
This has crossed my mind as an unfortunate possibility. I haven't found anything to support it, though.

EDIT: Oh.

Last edited:

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
Wyndon Stadium in energy form.. Lame 😒😞

You KNOW they're coming up with a Blissey VSTAR/ VMAX. I guess Regieleki could use its wall attack to avoid the KO hit and then heal with this energy as well. 🤔