MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Still, do you think Mew will stay that powerful with Darkrai VStar, and to a lesser extent, Hisuian Samurott coming to the meta? I'm just asking, I've not been playing that much lately, but it seems to me everyone is assuming Mew VMax will stay as powerful as it is now when the new set comes out.
Mew just sets up blazingly fast, the deck (usually) can take out a weakness attacker before it becomes a threat. Personally I think Samurott could become a Mew checker, but it won't pull down the deck too much.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one appreciating the beautiful Arita's Kricketune's artwork? Also love Gardenia's Vitality's artwork. So cute and full of life.
I can say with absolute confidence that is the best artwork of Kricketune that will ever be made. Not just in the TCG, but in general. That's peak Kricketune.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
What is its trailing leg doing? Trying to work out the proportions. Actually even the front leg.

The back leg looks like it cuts off at the thigh, but if not, is it squatting? But the front leg doesn't look like it. Sorry, don't play the game so my only interest is always the art.
He didn't skip leg day

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Mew just sets up blazingly fast, the deck (usually) can take out a weakness attacker before it becomes a threat. Personally I think Samurott could become a Mew checker, but it won't pull down the deck too much.
I myself have been playing Mew quite a bit lately, and I'm having trouble dealing with one-prizer decks with that blasted Galarian Moltres. Maybe I should try to start attacking with Mew VMax, then switch to Meloetta to take the third prize...

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
That lilligant V art is extremely disturbing. What the heck are they thinking? It is bad enough that they made numerous eeveelution show their behind and now this? And yet they refuse to print the full art of misty and lorelei? Interesting, very very interesting...
I mean Tsareena isn't much different in neither it's V or GX card, though it's difficult to do a kicking pose in another way than that I could imagine. Giving it a dynamic kicking pose, without the kick being the main feature would make it look underwhelming. I don't think you should blame the artist, but the designer of those Pokemon, if you want anyone to blame.

Regarding FA Misty/Lorelei I think it's purely a case of it being made a little too late. Furthermore, there are plenty of cards not featuring women/female characters/Pokemon, from that set, who also were not printed, so I highly doubt it has anything to do with what they show or don't.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
wow that Kleavor V actually looks horrible LOL where is its other arm???

BUT ANYWAY- Gardenia by Yuu Nishida? BEST CARD

Last edited:

Nyora

A Cat
rillaboom vmax, venusaur vmax, dhelmise vmax, this new kricketune, lilligant vstar, swsh base rillaboom, cherrim... this is off the top of my head. what's wrong with you? how are you here if you don't know this?
Kircketune could have use but is generally bad. HLilligant VSTAR is the only good grass mon from all these and even then acts better as support since it caps at 230 and isnt that bulky. Grass has no good attackers is the main issue. Though, Gardenia's Vitality can and probably will still find it's way into like colourless decks especially with DTE.

Edsylan

Aspiring Trainer
Still, do you think Mew will stay that powerful with Darkrai VStar, and to a lesser extent, Hisuian Samurott coming to the meta? I'm just asking, I've not been playing that much lately, but it seems to me everyone is assuming Mew VMax will stay as powerful as it is now when the new set comes out.
to be fair darkrai vstar is not doing good in japan, and i don't think the deck will be that great here either, so i don't think mew have to worry that much about darkrai.

Pokemon1982

Aspiring Trainer
That lilligant V art is extremely disturbing. What the heck are they thinking? It is bad enough that they made numerous eeveelution show their behind and now this? And yet they refuse to print the full art of misty and lorelei? Interesting, very very interesting...
Or you could just, not be a weirdo and avoid sexualizing fictional cartoon monsters?

H-Lilligant is based off a ballerina, and is wearing the costume without a Tutu. Its an outfit even children wear. If an abstract expression of a fictional monster who is in turn an abstract expression of a dance is exciting you, I think the problem is you.

And the eeveelutions rears? Seriously? If a dog presenting its rear to you is making you nervous, you do not want to know how they clean their parts.

There are many things to be said about the PTCG feeding into problematic things. Like the most recent Marnie Full art, or the increasing dependence on female designs for chase cards, but the Pokemon themselves are not one of them.

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
Or you could just, not be a weirdo and avoid sexualizing fictional cartoon monsters?

H-Lilligant is based off a ballerina, and is wearing the costume without a Tutu. Its an outfit even children wear. If an abstract expression of a fictional monster who is in turn an abstract expression of a dance is exciting you, I think the problem is you.

And the eeveelutions rears? Seriously? If a dog presenting its rear to you is making you nervous, you do not want to know how they clean their parts.

There are many things to be said about the PTCG feeding into problematic things. Like the most recent Marnie Full art, or the increasing dependence on female designs for chase cards, but the Pokemon themselves are not one of them.
This person probably has never seen ballerinas before.

GrayAnt213

Aspiring Trainer
I know kleavor v is merging its axe hands together, but it still looks like he has 1 arm. Although I probably will try it out with Grant because my name is Grant

GrayAnt213

Aspiring Trainer
Something I just realized with the Grant card while re-reading it is that you don't have to discard 2 cards immediately after you use Grant, it can be any point during your turn. This creates a little bit more strategic play with the card, but nothing too huge considering marnie is still in format. Just thought I'd point it out because I had no idea the first time I read it.