bwyattvirtue13

Aspiring Trainer
Machamp could actually be good? With the new stadium and the new pickaxe item, we might have something? Oh wait… Weak to psychic, nevermind
Fighting is actually still a really good type right now hitting Arceus VSTAR and Gengar VMAX for weakness just put in something like Mightyena for Mew

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not a fan of the 'first attack with scaling damage or a special effect and second strong attack with a small drawback' design philosophy they often use with Vmaxes. It's lame and repititive.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I'm not a fan of the 'first attack with scaling damage or a special effect and second strong attack with a small drawback' design philosophy they often use with Vmaxes. It's lame and repititive.
The alternative is VMAXs with only one lame attack like the ones at the beginning of the era, E.g. Lapras, Snorlax, Malamar, Pikachu, so honestly I'm willing to put up with this since there's just one year left and this might actually be one of the last VMAXs

Ronkolainen

Aspiring Trainer
I love it and am super excited it just stepped in and became the best Fighting Type VMAX I don't think it's boring what would you have it do instead?
Its probably not going to be better than Rapid Strike Ursihfu VMAX, so maybe the second best fighting type VMAX

bwyattvirtue13

Aspiring Trainer
Its probably not going to be better than Rapid Strike Ursihfu VMAX, so maybe the second best fighting type VMAX
I still prefer it even to that myself but even so I kinda think of the Rapid Strike and Single Strike as being their own thing utilizing their own special energy but yes they are fighting type still too me it really sucks to have to discard all Energy to use your big attack even with Rapid Strike Energy attaching 2 at a time that's still 2 turns before you're back set up where Machamp with 2 energy and bench damage can put out 220-240 or more every single turn

Ronkolainen

Aspiring Trainer
I still prefer it even to that myself but even so I kinda think of the Rapid Strike and Single Strike as being their own thing utilizing their own special energy but yes they are fighting type still too me it really sucks to have to discard all Energy to use your big attack even with Rapid Strike Energy attaching 2 at a time that's still 2 turns before you're back set up where Machamp with 2 energy and bench damage can put out 220-240 or more every single turn
And that's where you use melony to get both energies in one turn. Or in dark variants Galarian Moltres V + Energy Switch

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
The alternative is VMAXs with only one lame attack like the ones at the beginning of the era, E.g. Lapras, Snorlax, Malamar, Pikachu, so honestly I'm willing to put up with this since there's just one year left and this might actually be one of the last VMAXs
No. The alternative is vmaxes with good attacks like Lapras, Snorlax, Centiskorch, Eternatus, Rayquaza, etc. I think you missed my point.

bwyattvirtue13

Aspiring Trainer
No. The alternative is vmaxes with good attacks like Lapras, Snorlax, Centiskorch, Eternatus, Rayquaza, etc. I think you missed my point.
I'm with you I do think stacking attacks like the ones these have are good but something with base high power isn't bad I like both I just like getting good cards for Pokémon I like like Machamp so I'm happy and think it's easily a ideals card that has a little different gimmick than most Vmax in that you have to have bench damage to get consistent damage

bwyattvirtue13

Aspiring Trainer
Wouldn't giving all Vmax stacking damage be boring and repetitive too? You just have to understand there's only so many different ways they do attacks

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
Machamp is arguably one of the best looking regular Vmax's. Such a nice looking card, but it's the first time I recall seeing that illustrator?

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
How is Lapras VMAX, the billionth Hydro Pump Pokémon card ever released, with no other attack, not lame and repetitive- but Machamp VMAX is?