Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Japanese fans are beginning to post the secret rares from Star Birth to social media!
We translated all of Star Birth last week. It will become part of our Brilliant Stars set in February along with the cards from Start Deck 100.
Be sure to keep checking this news story throughout the night for new cards and follow me on Twitter! The list below is preliminary until more cards are revealed.

101-Shaymin-V-1-141x200.jpg

#101 Shaymin V

102-Charizard-V-141x200.jpg

#102 Charizard V...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Rainbow Supporters are still in. Only Arceus VStar gets gold treatment.
That means alt art VSTARS (aka VMAXes) are dead?

I guess it saves me $ in the future. Don't care for gold cards or basically all versions of 5ban/CGI cards on just different coloured backgrounds.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
That means alt art VSTARS (aka VMAXes) are dead?

I guess it saves me $ in the future. Don't care for gold cards or basically all versions of 5ban/CGI cards on just different coloured backgrounds.
Huge difference between the 2 is that VMax depict the Pokemon at a large size, so it made their alternate arts really cool and it made it fine for both V and VMax to get alts. Since VStar are no different in appearance, it would be a bit silly for V and VStar to both get alts. Also the VStar mechanic takes away from the artwork making an alt art less impressive, so best to stick them to the regular Vs.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
Huge difference between the 2 is that VMax depict the Pokemon at a large size, so it made their alternate arts really cool and it made it fine for both V and VMax to get alts. Since VStar are no different in appearance, it would be a bit silly for V and VStar to both get alts. Also the VStar mechanic takes away from the artwork making an alt art less impressive, so best to stick them to the regular Vs.
I’m fine with this, less secret rares to worry about. Though I’d rather they would have gotten rid of rainbow VSTARs and kept VSTAR alts lol.
Also, why is that gold Arceus card not shiny Arceus?? I thought that was the point of having those gold cards was to have the shiny Pokémon. It’s just another “rainbow” but gold now….

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Ah yes, forgot that VMAX = Dynamax = different appearance.

Well that's all good with me.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
So we are getting Three FA Arceus V in Brilliant Stars? Two from Star Birth and one Japan Promo? The FAs alone from-- Oh wait! We are not getting the Japanese promo one. 12 from Star Birth and 3 from 100 Start Decks, that makes 15 FAs, as what the press release stated.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
So the 6 FAs for Brilliant Stars are:
- Barry
- Marnie's Pride
- Roseanne's Backup
- Kindler
- Cheren's Care
- Cynthia's Aspiration

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
I’m fine with this, less secret rares to worry about. Though I’d rather they would have gotten rid of rainbow VSTARs and kept VSTAR alts lol.
Also, why is that gold Arceus card not shiny Arceus?? I thought that was the point of having those gold cards was to have the shiny Pokémon. It’s just another “rainbow” but gold now….
Zacian, Zamazenta and the galarian birds all got gold cards and were not shiny. They usually depict shiny pokémon in the cards only if they are available in-game (kinda like how Zacian and Zamazenta got shiny cards to coincide with their shiny distribution event). So maybe this means that Arceus is shiny locked in Legends.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
What's the point of having an alt art V but not an alt art evolution to go with it? I'd much rather they had made only the alt art Vstars instead.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
kawayoo drew Arceus YESSSSSS
kawayoo is one of my favourite artists but this Arceus is slightly disappointing. The one drawn all the way back in the Arceus set was better.

I think Honchkrow and Charizard are stand outs and Arceus and Lumineon are also pretty nice but could've been better.

Also, I wasn't around then but how come during the tag team GX era TPCi took out so many alt arts to make as promos? Not complaining as they are a lot cheaper to get now, but in the SWSH era alts, not so. Maybe with the 70+ arts from VMAX Climax they don't need to.

Adman2099

Aspiring Trainer
Am I right in thinking then we've got a potential Brilliant Stars Normal card list of 135 (Star Birth + 35 new cards from Start Deck 100) and then the 27+ SRs here, 8 from SD100, and then 30-ish Character Secret Rares from Vmax Climax?