Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Back in July we discovered a trademark for a future TCG set named Battle Legion. We can now confirm it will release on February 25th following S9 Star Birth in January.
It will be a “Sword & Shield Strengthening Expansion Pack” set, which is our first confirmation that 2022 sets will continue to stay within the Sword & Shield era. It’ll be labeled S9a.

Each booster pack of Battle Legion will cost 260 yen instead of the usual 165 yen. Each booster box will contain 20 packs instead of the usual 30.
This puts Battle Legion into the category of special subsets like Legendary Heartbeat, which was released in July 2020. Legendary Heartbeat‘s packs cost the same as Battle Legion‘s and its booster boxes also contained 20 packs. The increased cost and smaller boxes were because Legendary Heartbeat...

Continue reading...

professsorpoke

NO 3 S's is not a typo
If it is a miniset and might include something like Amazing rares.... let's hope that this "special mechanic" that might come isn't VSTAR because we saw Amazing Rare for only like 2 sets...

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, which is one of the things I said. Even still, people here were insisting that we'd be shifting to a BDSP or LA era
Are you forgetting new sets clearly based on Dialga and Palkia are coming next year? If Battle Legion is going to be a small set, it might very well be SwSh's last set, right?

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Are you forgetting new sets clearly based on Dialga and Palkia are coming next year? If Battle Legion is going to be a small set, it might very well be SwSh's last set, right?
That doesn't really mean anything. Yes, there will be sets themed after Sinnoh/Hisui, but everything is pointing to them being SwSh-era sets. They've never started an era mid-block/year. Just let it go already.

The fact that those VSTAR sets are clearly Sinnoh-themed is even more indication of this.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Will Leafeon and Glaceon V be able to evolve into VMAXs and VSTARs :oops:?! Time to buy some Leafeons and Glaceons. Also the badge should work on the VSTARs as well.
Both VMax and VStar evolves from Basic Vs and if I'm not reading it wrong VStar also counts as a Pokemon V. The badges should work.