jamashawalker

Ikouze!
So why are not cowering in fear of Starmie??
A stage 1 that can snipe the bench for 270 for just three energy!! That's nuts!? 360 for four!? and you can choose different pokemon!

Starmie+Passimian+Telescopic Sight+ Frosmoth.

(Unless I am reading that translation wrong)

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
So why are not cowering in fear of Starmie??
A stage 1 that can snipe the bench for 270 for just three energy!! That's nuts!? 360 for four!? and you can choose different pokemon!

Starmie+Passimian+Telescopic Sight+ Frosmoth.

(Unless I am reading that translation wrong)
Actually... How does that interaction work? I assume the modifiers are applied once per Pokemon.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Set bores me. Tired of them reprinting the same Pokemon over and over in the Gen 8 sets.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Were there rumors of V-UNION in this set? Seemed pretty obvious to me that those would be a promo-only mechanic, especially with VSTAR coming so soon after.
Just look at the first wave of the news of "Fusion Arts", especially the one where the set was officially revealed, you'll see what I mean.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree - we need a Basic that does the same thing as Salazzle. A V will be better. 2/2/3

Shroomish/Breloom - bland. 2/2

Maractus - not enough to convince me. Not enough support and you'll be trouble on the damage loop. 3

Shelmet/Accelgor - Stage 1? 120 for 1 energy? Ehh. I mean 120 for 1 is nothing to be underestimated but considering your main targets, your Umbreon (you get the V, but VMax, no). 3/3

Virizion - bland. 2

Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt - Man, that sucks that UNB Charjabug is rotated. 2/2/3

Tsareena V - not good. No support whatsoever, not enough damage, what should I add? 3

Growlithe/Arcanine - bland. 2/2

Chandelure V/VMAX - not enough item lock in standard. Although 2 energy doing maximum damage is never to be underestimated. 3/4

Heatmor - sucks, no Welder will help you. 2-3

Oricorio - I don't need it in my Fusion Strike deck, you're welcome. 3

Staryu/Starmie - weak to Urshifu, screwed on damage looping, although Mew is rotated, I'll give it a pass. 3/3-4

Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr - Stage 2, too awkward, mill decks no good. 2/2/3

Crabominable V - I misjudged this card on my first impression. I realized that this is a better Sableye V. Could be broken tho. 5

Pyukumuku - same thing. The ability should be on a Stage 1. 4

Snom/Frosmoth - ehh. Can't KO a frikin Crobat. 2/2-3

Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss - it depends on the metagame. 3/3-4,3-4

Helioptile/Heliolisk - bland. 1/1

Boltund V/VMAX - I'm on board with this one. Flaaffy might have some use there. 3/4

Toxel/Toxtricity - do we need this? What do you think? 3/3

Jynx - bland. 1

Mew V/VMax - of all the Fusion Strike cards revealed, it seems that Genesect would be a perfect use for Mew. 3/4-5

Snubbull/Granbull - idk man. I said this before. 3/3

G. Corsola/ Cursola - same problem. Cool attack on a Stage 1, on a format where Vs are dominating, that's a cool thing. *sarcasm* It should be on an ability, at least a coin flip or come into play ability. The deck concept with this and Greedent is a nice concept but poor in execution. Don't use Scoop Up Net as excuse for this reasoning, it needs constant cycle of retreat and none of them have free retreat. Also weak to Urshifu. 3-4

Munna/Musharna - bland. 2/2

Deoxys - 3-4

Meloetta - if some of your Fusion Strike Energy is prized, this thing is screwed if you want to KO Vs, or better VMax. 3-4

Dreepy/Drakloak/Dragapult - Stage 2. 3/3/3-4

Geodude/Graveler/Golem - humuorly called this ability as "Blast Hurrah" according to @ToineLay. 2/2/2-3

Onix/Steelix - not weak to Urshifu, can bang a huge damage, still poor in execution. If you want to KO VMax you have to reach to the point that you'll be almost KOed before Inteleon finishes you off. 3/3-4

Drillbur/Excadrill - bland. 2/2

Falinks - what's the point of this thing? If it is a single energy, I would consider it. That's why Excadrill CEC is better in terms of this kind of attack. 3

Galarian Zigzagoon/Linoone/Obstagoon - you have the G. Zigzagoon SSH to solve one of your main problem for the main attack. 2/2/4?

Trubbish/Garbodor - bland. 2/2

Vullaby/Mandibuzz - what's the point of the main attack if you're doing not enough damage? 2/2-3

Rookidee/Corvisquire/Corviknight - bland. 2/2/2-3

Hoopa V - the FA/Alt FA might be in the set. This card is cool as well. 4

Genesect V - Crobat every turn. 5

Durant - so what are you blocking, Victini? With the loss of Welder, Fire decks ain't good rn. 2-3

Togedemaru - these "Let's Roll" Pokemon are still get rekt by Urshifu. 3-4

Meltan/Melmetal - I want to like it but I can't like it. 3/3

Greedent V/VMAX - no Welder, bro. Attack is too expensive. 3/3-4

Dunsparce - C decks must consider this thing. 3-4

Smeargle - 2 cards for you, 1 prize card for the opponent. 2

Latios/Latias - oh yeah. That VMax barrier. Another Mew VMax option. 4/4

Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra - people can still counter it. 2/2/3

Skitty/Delcatty, Bunnelby/Diggersby - bland. 2/2, 2/2

Cross-Receiver - that's the sign that we will never get VS Seeker. 4-5

Cross-Switcher - 5

Battle VIP Pass - it depends on fast you can pick this up early game. If its prized when you need it, gutted. This card is trash. If this is in your opening hand, well this card is a good one. 3

Power Tablets - 5

Sponge Gloves - nobody uses those gloves 2 sets in a row. 2-3

Sidney - some distrupting potential over here. 3

Cilan, Chili, & Cress - 3

Elesa's Radiance - single use Supporter card. 4

Memory Bell - VMax won't use this card. Unless that card they've search can revenge KO the opponent. 3

Dancer - draw 5 first turn going second, I rather use Research then. 3

Fusion Strike Energy - default energy for FS decks. 5
sorry no welder makes it bad? greedent so easy to power up to 2, you are wrong here, and i heard you eat your hot dogs without mustard booooo

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
sorry no welder makes it bad? greedent so easy to power up to 2, you are wrong here, and i heard you eat your hot dogs without mustard booooo
Greedent, after someone makes a review on it, I changed my view on Greedent, yeah, the energy makes it too awkward, but once it has the energy it nedds, you're good to go. And don't too rely on the main atk alone. Too much reliance on the first atk can lose you the game.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
Greedent, after someone makes a review on it, I changed my view on Greedent, yeah, the energy makes it too awkward, but once it has the energy it nedds, you're good to go. And don't too rely on the main atk alone. Too much reliance on the first atk can lose you the game.
its a sobble eater, you gust up a sobble, power up the gremlin, add the sponge gloves bam 60, bam 3 prize cards, you horn and gust again, bam game.
sponge gloves might be the most useful of the gloves, and that says alot

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
its a sobble eater, you gust up a sobble, power up the gremlin, add the sponge gloves bam 60, bam 3 prize cards, you horn and gust again, bam game.
sponge gloves might be the most useful of the gloves, and that says alot
I know Inteleon is commonly played, what if you faced against a Pokemon that isn't Inteleon? That one wasn't enough

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
I know Inteleon is commonly played, what if you faced against a Pokemon that isn't Inteleon? That one wasn't enough
you make other options, like concede or tell them to look the other way for a moment, i mean there are a ton of good attackers that can be used for greedant, like a spread, or pings or zacian, there will be a decent build, be it a a suicune v or even dragapult vmax, colorless has a lot to offer any deck

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
The best pokemon(meaning cards outside of trainers and/or energy) card of the set in jap?

A card nicknamed the ice crab, Crabominable, which has an attack that is actually so broken and easy, that it is worthy of getting banned from standard due to the popularity of inteleon CRE and frosmoth SSH, as well as how they take such attack to the broken level. All it takes to ko an opponent using such ice crab's powerful second and broken attack is 5 counters on target pokemon. And I thought Gengar VMAX from the high class deck made the game easy enough... Wait a second.. three energy needed to use it? Maybe if they do ban it, it could last until at least frosmoth rotates, as without frosmoth, getting enough energy to commit the unfair attack of 90 + (60 * Opponent Active Counters) is more difficult, and thus the attack is less broken than it would be if at least one infinite water energy accelerator is legal in standard.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
The best pokemon(meaning cards outside of trainers and/or energy) card of the set in jap?

A card nicknamed the ice crab, Crabominable, which has an attack that is actually so broken and easy, that it is worthy of getting banned from standard due to the popularity of inteleon CRE and frosmoth SSH, as well as how they take such attack to the broken level. All it takes to ko an opponent using such ice crab's powerful second and broken attack is 5 counters on target pokemon. And I thought Gengar VMAX from the high class deck made the game easy enough... Wait a second.. three energy needed to use it? Maybe if they do ban it, it could last until at least frosmoth rotates, as without frosmoth, getting enough energy to commit the unfair attack of 90 + (60 * Opponent Active Counters) is more difficult, and thus the attack is less broken than it would be if at least one infinite water energy accelerator is legal in standard.
not sure if parody