Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
In addition to the Pikachu & Zekrom GX Premium Collection, we’re also getting one featuring the gold Reshiram and Charizard-GX from TAG All Stars! It will release on November 21st.

Reshiram-and-Charizard-GX-Premium-Collection-300x223.png

Like the other collection, it will come with ten booster packs, a gold Reshiram & Charizard-GX promo, a jumbo version of the same card, and a PTCGO code card.
This was again revealed by an Australian distributor, but it should be released in other countries as well. It should cost around $50 USD.
TAG All Stars was released two years ago in Japan. There are currently over a dozen cards from the set that were never released in English.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
My brain is saying “AW, HELL NO!!” But my heart is happy that we’re finally getting the payoff on TAG All Stars! Just don’t expect to find this one in the wild for a good few months...

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Obvious scalping jokes to be made here by everyone because whoa, Charizard! I really couldn't care less about that dead horse.

I'm happy they're doing another one of these and giving more attention to Tag All Stars. It's another step in the right direction and I'm hoping that they keep it up with this stuff. Some big "Best of Sun and Moon" thing or other box could help get some out of the way.

Gengar147

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know what distributor has this item? I’m in Australia and looking to preorder but can’t find anything. Thanks

fezza_2119

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know what distributor has this item? I’m in Australia and looking to preorder but can’t find anything. Thanks
EBgames has them up but you need to search for it, all other small businesses are doing EOI’s for them. RRP is $100AUD and I’ve seen a few around that price I’m sure come release some might even be cheaper ($80-90), EB are still charging $120.

Gengar147

Aspiring Trainer
EBgames has them up but you need to search for it, all other small businesses are doing EOI’s for them. RRP is $100AUD and I’ve seen a few around that price I’m sure come release some might even be cheaper ($80-90), EB are still charging $120.
Awesome, thanks for that

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Also, my brain just realized something ironic about the current state of Charizard in the Pokémon TCG. On the one hand, everyone seems to hate Charizard because of how it has repeatedly made sets and sealed products virtually unavailable in recent years, but on the other hand if everyone hated Charizard, it would no longer be a chase card, those products would all become about as available as everything else. Of course, we all know how much kids like Charizard, but it's not CHILDREN buying out these sets, nor would most kids or parents know where to find the product scalpers are selling even if they WANTED to pay more than MSRP. Which means it's adults who are buying these products.
So, do adult fans of Pokémon LOVE Charizard, or HATE Charizard?
... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
That was my Ted Talk. You may now applaud or leave the room in profound silence.

Seriously, though, it's hard to tell why Charizard is still a scalper problem if Charizard is as despised as the comments on this forum have led me to believe. In the end, even if more hardcore fans don't appreciate Charizard (as much as it deserves. Charizard was a great Pokémon before being made a part of "corporate Pokémon" and being a second mascot of the franchise doesn't make it any less designed), I suppose scalpers still think they can get kids and people to pay extra money for the sets because they have Charizards in them. But then again, I don't know how much of scalped product actually SELLS, so I really don't have much quantitative information to go off of to support this claim.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Seriously, though, it's hard to tell why Charizard is still a scalper problem if Charizard is as despised as the comments on this forum have led me to believe.
This- and your post in general is what I'd call a textbook vocal minority situation.

Charizard is a wildly popular Pokémon among kids and adults alike, that much is certain. PokeBeach, while popular, is a rather small section of the Pokemon fanbase, all things considered. While it may be popular among here to rip on Charizard, there may be other circles out there that are praising or just not talking about it as much.

It's a very often type of situation that occurs. Something popular comes up, and a large chunk of the general population enjoys it. Those who don't enjoy the thing find themselves pressed to voice said opinion. If you're in a setting that finds themselves more in that opinion that they don't enjoy it, and spend a lot of your time there, chances are you'll get the perception that it's the other way around- that the vocal minority is the majority.

I think that's what's going on here. You mention that the "comments on this forum" lead you to believe that Charizard is absolutely despised. I've noticed that the sentiment of disliking Charizard for whatever reason it may be is a popular thing around PokeBeach, but in other circles it isn't as prevalent. So if you're spending most of your time discussing Pokemon in a place where that less common sentiment is so much more heavily concentrated, it's very likely it could sway your perception of the general consensus on the Pokemon.